Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car wont turn over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car wont turn over.

so i just got done with a h23 manifold swap, put my car back together and she wouldnt start. my fuel pump wont even turn on. we thought it was my main relay, because he took some wire and jumped it and the fuel pump started working.. well i just replaced the main relay and it still wont start. help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by xTSPx801x; 05-10-2012, 12:39 PM. Reason: non- descriptive title

I hear positive reinforcement works best for getting the old dog to learn new tricks. Try giving it a treat.

Check fuses? Spark? Grounds?

Comment

Check your grounds, especially the one on the thermostat.

Is it a fuel related problem or spark related problem?

A quick test is to spray some starting fluid/ether into the intake manifold, and try and start the car up, if it starts and dies quickly, its a fuel issue, if it just cranks and cranks and cranks, its most likely a spark issue.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

check your grounds

Comment

checked the fuses, the grounds, and i have a lot of spark.
          which probably means its a fuel system problem.
          but my fuel pump is brand new so it shouldnt be that.

Comment

my friend thought we shorted out the main relay somehow, so maybe if it did it shorted out something else that controls the fuel system?

Comment

Make sure there is power coming to the pump through newly installed main relay.
              A&P-IA

Comment

The ecu is the "brain" of everything, what were you doing to "short out" something?
                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                  Make sure there is power coming to the pump through newly installed main relay.
                  how would I go about that?

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                    The ecu is the "brain" of everything, what were you doing to "short out" something?
                    well we unplugged the sending unit or the pump itself so we could roll my windows up and continue the next day. he thinks that might of shorted something somehow?

Comment

Check if your 10a is blown. Or check all your fuses if something shorted it would blow a fuse and narrow your issue.

"Exhaust the Body, Proceed the Mind, Cultivate the Spirit"

Comment

Originally posted by xTSPx801x View Post
                        how would I go about that?
                        It seems like your friend knows which wire is for fuel pump power. If you don't know how to go about checking the functionality of the pump, it is best to leave it to your friend.

In any case, you'll need a multimeter to do this test. Or, test wires with 12v light bulb.
                        A&P-IA

Comment

update. fuel pump is turning on, sending fuel to my fuel rail, i have a lot of spark, and it crank over sputter, then die.
                          any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by xTSPx801x View Post
                            update. fuel pump is turning on, sending fuel to my fuel rail, i have a lot of spark, and it crank over sputter, then die.
                            any ideas?
                            So its trying to start or it starts, rough idles for a few seconds and dies? Did you by chance mess with any timing components?

Comment

Yeah, check plug wires for correct firing order.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                              X