No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midnightpearl91, haven't really done much about the flares yet. I need to play around with the suspension and get everything set to where I want it. After that I can mess with tire sizes and then the flares will finish it off. I may try to purchase them soon.

Laz93se, I kind of wish I had my lighter wheels on the car so I could've put down a better number. Still, I'm pretty happy with the way it drives now.

Sonikaccord, it is definitely more fun to drive after the tune. Low end torque is much better and more responsive. With VTEC engaging earlier it lets the car feel in power longer. Before the car kind of felt like it was running out of steam before VTEC popped, then when it did it was happy again. Now the car just powers on through with no noticeable drop in power.

Lately I've had my mind set on getting the suspension in line with the rest of the build. I'm looking forward to installing the coilovers, I've just been slacking on getting some top hats for them. After that I'll probably pick up some rear lower control arms (I'm torn between FFC and F2 sets), a Cusco front strut bar, and a Progress rear sway bar.

Comment

Those are some good horsepower numbers for your setup. With the high end manifold you can't run a front motor mount correct?

Comment

I don't know, I think I could if I made a bracket for the traction bar.

Comment

Did you have to modify the traction bar or the car at all to work on the Accord?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Bolted it right in. It comes with what looks like two replacement tow points since the stock ones have to go for the bar to fit. I used those as spacers between the bar and the chassis since the bar sat really tight to the radiator.

Comment

Changed up the audio a bit. Running the right amplifier for the sub and picked up the left amp for the door and package tray speakers.

Also, I finally got a picture of the dyno graph I was referring to when I got tuned. As you can see it's a pretty good improvement over the baseline.

Comment

So I had my flywheel bolts come loose over the weekend. Don't know how or why. When I did the 5 speed swap I torqued it to factory specs with blue thread locker. I impacted it this time around with red thread locker since every performance shop in town I called said to just impact them in. I ended up getting a new flywheel and put in a dual friction 4 puck sprung clutch from the local clutch supply shop. Hopefully this won't happen again.
                Last edited by Mike1357; 05-11-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

First run of the night I staged up and popped the axle. I'm getting a lot of wheel hop on any instance of lost traction. I think I'm going to have to work a little pre-load into the traction bar to get rid of that.

Finally got my hands on some top hats for the front coilovers and installed them yesterday. Unfortunately I have maybe an inch and a half of strut travel before it bottoms out on the top hat. I may have to look into getting those awful expensive FFC extended top hats.

Comment

Wait, weren't they $150 at first? Now they are $180? or am I drunk?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I just checked the site again and they're $180 for a pair. So expensive but it's really my only option right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post

First run of the night I staged up and popped the axle. I'm getting a lot of wheel hop on any instance of lost traction. I think I'm going to have to work a little pre-load into the traction bar to get rid of that.
                        That meme is priceless , but I'm sure it's not hilarious for you.

I'd say not having a front torque mount is making the wheel hop situation worse. If you could get an OE top bracket and the right under bracket, I think you might just be able to fit a solid front bar like I have.
                        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

As difficult as it was I had to find humor in the situation so I made the meme. I was actually quite happy when I found out it was just an axle.

I'm beginning to think it's a combination of not having a getting torque mount and having ESP mounts. I've gotten to the point where I really don't like them. They're soft and have a gap in material letting them squish in on themselves. I worked some preload into the traction bar today and I still have issues with wheel hop. Once funds become available I think I'm going to change over to innovative mounts and change my clutch setup.

Comment

I offloaded the ESP ones just because of that lol. Went with Innovative. If you're looking to fix the problem without wanting to spend much more money I would just get an oversized center piece that preload the bushing, replace the bushings with press fit nylon (stock can be purchased from mcmaster) or use nylon as a snubber (to keep a high rate) and fill the gap with window weld to keep the high frequency isolation. Or sell your ESP for 250ish and buy Innovative for 330 shipped.
                            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

This will be my second set from Innovative. Their finished product is far superior from ESP. The bushings are molded in so there is no sagging, the center piece is actually machined and smooth instead of just a cut piece of pipe, and Innovative is molded into the bushing.
                              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                                This is a really good meme. Sorry about your misfortune. Like you said at least it was only an axle.

Comment

Working...
                                X