totaled two times in two years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

totaled two times in two years

My girlfriend drives a 1996 2.2 auto accord lx. Mods..none, well acura alloys and an exhaust tip from one side of a 2000 v6 accord.About two years ago someone ran a red light and bam. She was in the passenger seat with no injury. The safety features just 3 years after the cb are astounding. If she was in my car she would have been crushed. Now back to the car. It had a couple dents as seen here
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The b pillar was pushed in about a foot near the middle.After a few months of sledge hammering, test fitting and finally finding white doors at the junk yard the car looked pretty good, and drove great.
    Then on July 10th a storm blew through Columbus Ohio.
    Here you can see passenger side repairs. Note the gold pin stripes, for style I left them on. The car as you see it in the picture only has windsheild damage, the tree beach curved down into the windshield then back up over the a pillar. I repeat no sheet metal damage. [IMG][/IMG]
    As soon as the fire men arrived they cut the fallen branch away from the tree and crunch they totaled the car. Wrinkled roof fender and hood. I will try to put the video my g/f took of the firemen "saving" her car. The angst you hear from her as her car crunches and crinkles is hilarious. She sounds like she is watching a murder as they slide the branch over the front driver fender of her car. My photo showing damage before any repair won't load I will get it up later.
    Here is after I kicked the roof dent and windshield frame so the windshield could be installed and straightened the hood and fender so they did not overlap.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This is the fourth wind shield in this car since she owned it. I only have extra passenger mirrors, but her brother had a driver side mirror from a 1998 cl. They are identical. Now I need a fender and hood.
    Now saying it was totaled this time is only by my estimate. She did not carry comp coverage because it is already a salvage title. The damage repairs would exceed vehicle value though imo. Fender, hood, a pillar, wind shield and roof. She now considers her car a true survivor. I consider it lucky if I even put a 15 dollar j/y white mirror into it.
    It is very solid mechanicaly, good motor, tranny and so fourth. I'm just not looking toward to spending money on a car with no resale value. I will though, slowly this 1996 accord will return to, well a 1996 2.2 auto accord lx.
    Last edited by cb7 calling; 07-15-2013, 04:51 PM.
    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Amazing recovery! Sorry to hear about all that trouble though.

Comment

I had to make it drive able ASAP. I kicked the roof out and bent the windshield frame back by hand so safelite could put a windshield in on the spot. Saved a tow.
      Last edited by cb7 calling; 07-15-2013, 11:57 AM.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Working...
      X