Fastest fwd ever. 2015 civic type r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fastest fwd ever. 2015 civic type r

About a year ago I heard a qoute from a Honda rep that the 2015 civic type r would set a new record for fwd at the nurburgring. That is all that was known at the time about the new type r. From this statement though you could assume it would be turbo and not sold in the us. Still I remain excited. Recently Honda introduced a specialized for a racing league 1.6 turbo which puts out about 300 hp. This is not likely to be the motor used I think. It would be super Awsome though if it was because it would likely spin to high rpms and make insane power. The more likely motor to me especially if it comes to the u.s. is a boosted k24 a la rdx. I'm anxiously waiting to see Honda take the title they should rightfully own. The Chevy and dodge competitors have higher HP ratings but not better motors than the civic si and type r of the same years. Finally Honda is gonna put their foot down, and hopefully in the states.
    The problem with u.s. release is this car would probly be over 30 grand maybe 40 if it is as advanced as mid 90's type r's and not enough of us see all that you are paying for. Like Honda reliability good mpgs and speed.
    As an automotive enthusiast I know some press release info will be landing in my magazines in the next few months with prototype test drives to follow. I can't wait.
    What have you heard? We probly all drive hondas because of the type r. We didn't get the car, we got the swap. How do you feel about it?
    Last edited by cb7 calling; 10-17-2013, 07:24 AM.
    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201217

this "Type R" is a UK model, which i personally dont care for.
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

Comment

Working...
    X