Any steel tip dart throwers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any steel tip dart throwers?

So recently I hung a dart board in my living room to sharpen my skills. I have thrown a little bit my whole life as basically the whole family on my dad's side throws or has thrown in league. My younger brother has thrown year round in league for the last three years as he is pretty good and has a good team he always gets first place. I substituted for someone on his team last summer and let's just say he does not call me to sub anymore. So with the goal to smash my brother every time we play for the rest of his life I hung a dart board and now average about an hour a day practicing. Darts is now fun for me, while most of my life I would not play with the family I just watched. My skill level currently is better than most darters but far from where I set my goals. Darts is hard and the better I get the harder it gets. I play practice games against myself with two sets of darts mostly cricket and 301. I also do nine in a rows, that's hitting nine of each cricket number without missing. I haven't played an actual person for about three weeks now so I don't know where I currently stand skill wise. While I am hoping we have some darters on here I'm not sure what will be discussed. Maybe cool out shots or amazing 301 scores. Or what kind of darts, shafts and flights do you throw? I have some unk brand approx 60 dollar hand me downs. They are some percentage tungsten with no knurling, just lines around them, I throw cheap nylon shafts and dimplex standard shape flights.
    Anyone?
    Last edited by cb7 calling; 03-17-2014, 12:44 PM.
    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

I threw darts a lot about 10 years ago. I had both steel tip and plastic tip for different pool halls and bars that i went to. Never threw in a league but often didn't pay for my drinks when I played at bars with friends and random people who wanted to challenge me for a round of drinks. I usually played cricket but sometimes played different games like 301-501 depending on how long of a game we wanted and follow the leader.

I just recently moved a couple of weeks ago and found a box that I haven't opened since I left Florida 8-9 years ago. It had my old pool cue and my dart case in it. Most of my flights have fallen apart but my aluminum shafts and weights are still good. Even found my old electronic board so I may start throwing again.

Comment

I have a dartboard in the office and in the shop. Nothing fancy, and nothing im serious about. But I do throw occasionally. Its nice to throw a couple after something irritating happens-so thats why I have them in the shop/office.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
      X