Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with turn signal/fog light issue!?

Hey guys,

I bought a 91 lx coupe a few months ago and i noticed that the turn signals(next to the headlights)remain on with the lowbeams. When i click the turn signal on, the lights alternate between the foglights flashing and the turn signal turning off and on. It's like the harness is reversed so instead of the fogs staying on and the turn signals flashing, the fogs flash and the turn signals stay on.

Any idea what's messed up and how to fix it? (I did search)

Also, just to throw this question out there, i replaced my stock dash clock with an amber version. The new clock is SUPER dim. With the headlights on, it gets so dim it's unreadable. What would cause this when the rest of my gauges are all proper brightness?

Thanks for any help.

Are you sure you're talking about the SE fog lights?

With my car both bulbs for the corner lights/parking lights next to the headlights come on with the low beams, but the lower set of amber/orange turn signals do not light up with the low beams.
    If I turn the turn signal on the lower signals will flash and the corner lights will also flash, alternating between the two.
    That is the correct function.

If you are talking about the actual SE fogs, I'm assuming they're installed onto a non-SE bumper and whoever did the install used the same wiring as the turn signal right above the fogs.

The lower/bumper turn signals can be set up to stay on all the time and flash if that's what you're looking to do. You'd just need to replace the sockets with an 1157 light socket and wire in constant power for the low power filament.
    Last edited by TheFunk; 08-04-2014, 03:59 PM.

RIP my last two CB7s.
    New rides:
    '82 Volvo 245 drift project
    '87 Volvo 244 daily
    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheFunk View Post
      Are you sure you're talking about the SE fog lights?

With my car both bulbs for the corner lights/parking lights next to the headlights come on with the low beams, but the lower set of amber/orange turn signals do not light up with the low beams.
      If I turn the turn signal on the lower signals will flash and the corner lights will also flash, alternating between the two.
      That is the correct function.

If you are talking about the actual SE fogs, I'm assuming they're installed onto a non-SE bumper and whoever did the install used the same wiring as the turn signal right above the fogs.

The lower/bumper turn signals can be set up to stay on all the time and flash if that's what you're looking to do. You'd just need to replace the sockets with an 1157 light socket and wire in constant power for the low power filament.
      No, just talking about the regular bumper lights on the 90-91's.

They're supposed to alternate between the bumper and signal lights? I always thought the signals(next to headlight)were supposed to stay off unless turning/flashing and that the bumper lights were supposed to stay on with the lowbeams?

I always thought the alternating between bumper and signal lights was a wiring malfunction.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
        They're supposed to alternate between the bumper and signal lights?
        Yeah that's the correct function. If you do want to do dual filament bumper lights so that they're always lit up the 1157 sockets from pretty much any Civic or 3rd gen Accord should fit in those lights.

RIP my last two CB7s.
        New rides:
        '82 Volvo 245 drift project
        '87 Volvo 244 daily
        Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheFunk View Post
          Yeah that's the correct function. If you do want to do dual filament bumper lights so that they're always lit up the 1157 sockets from pretty much any Civic or 3rd gen Accord should fit in those lights.
          Right on. Thanks for clearing that up for me, man. That was driving me nuts. lol

Any idea why my dash clock is super dim but the rest of my lights work fine? Nothing was wrong with the harness, as far as i could tell. Didn't feel any loose wires.

Comment

Working...
          X