CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2016, 12:37 AM   #101
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Not much has happened ON the car in the past few months, but quite a bit has happened OFF the car.

I'm in the middle of replacing a brand new wheel bearing on the TL knuckles because I messed one of them up by having to remove it to get to a damaged wheel stud. I bought a second set of these knuckles, along with all associated parts, to do the same TL Brembo conversion to my CLS6. So these need to go off to the machine shop for reaming along with the lower control arms.

I've also been adding to the parts stash. I finally put together my fuel system after the pump. I purchased a ton of -6AN fittings and used a couple that I already had to go from the factory hard line to an inline filter, then to a flex fuel sensor and finally to a Jiffy-tite quick disconnect coupling at the fuel rail. This coupling is valved on both end and will not leak fuel if I disconnect it. I'm going to try and come up with a solution to use this same type of setup on the radiator hoses, too.

I also finally purchased the last two pieces I'd been holding off on for my Euro-R manifold. I had the EGR cover and throttle bracket that came with the manifold, but the cover was corroded and wasn't going to look good without paint, so I spent the few bucks and bought them from Rosko Racing. Looking back, there is absolutely zero reason to go with a Euro-R manifold over a Skunk 2 or ported H22A.

Here's my price list to understand my point:
Manifold - $310 (did include everything including injectors and throttle body that I'm not using)
Rosko mods - $150 (plus $25 return shipping)
Rosko fuel rail - $150
Rosko IACV adapter - $20
Honda IAT sensor - $10 (I happened to have one from a different car)

That's a $665 manifold that barely outperforms the original Skunk2, and doesn't come close to the ported H22 manifolds. And it's limited to a 68mm throttle body opening. Don't do it. Spend your money elsewhere.

Other stuff on the manifold:
RDX 410cc injectors
KTuned fluid-filled fuel pressure gauge
Rosko EGR plate
Rosko EGR block-off plate
Rosko throttle cable bracket
OMNI 68mm throttle body that eliminates the FITV

And the last major purchase I've made was to buy an '01-'05 Toyota MR-2 Spyder EHPS pump. This unit contains the reservoir, the pump and the brain all in one I have a couple of places that I'm considering mounting it in the engine bay, but nothing is concrete yet. I bought a M16x1.5 to -6AN adapter for the pump and an M14x1.5 to -6AN adapter for the rack as well as the beefiest Russell braided hose and fittings that they sell in order to plumb it up. It's advertised for power steering systems, but it's just standard 5/8" air brake hose. Either way, this should be a fun modification. The wiring will be integrated into my custom chassis harness that's in the works as well.

Other than that, I don't really have much. I hope to have some wiring updates one of these days, but we'll see. I've been pretty busy with work and my spare time that actgually involves cars is usually spent building my high-compression J35A3 or working on the CL. Finally put on the Progress rear sway bar I bought for that thing back in 2013. So there's that.

2nd 1993 Accord EX frost white coupe
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=205292
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:06 AM   #102
jdm92_accorn
CB7tuner Member

jdm92_accorn is very helpful jdm92_accorn is very helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to jdm92_accorn
I've never been a fan for that reason on the euro-r intake. Im glad to see an honest opinion of how cost efficient it is and the break down. As far as the Mr2 pump, im curious to see the results. I've been toying with that idea for some time now and I'd like to see in action before I take the dive. Good luck bro
jdm92_accorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #103
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
If there are any safe bets, it's that this won't be installed any time within the next three to five months. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it until I get some other stuff out of the way.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:09 AM   #104
baracuda
Southern Regional Moderator

baracuda is cool... so far.
Very cool stuff, looks like a far more simple install then I would have thought of, very cool way of going about power steering. I will have to read up more on this mod, seems fairly popular. Look luck with everything and always looking forward to updates.

Last edited by Jarrett; 05-18-2016 at 11:11 PM.
baracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:49 PM   #105
Granite CB7
Contributing Member

Granite CB7 is very helpful Granite CB7 is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by apalileo View Post
What are the spring rates of your GC's?
X2 what rates did you choose and where'd you end up purchasing them? You do amazing work, good stuff goin' on in this thread
Granite CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:24 AM   #106
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baracuda View Post
Very cool stuff, looks like a far more simple install then I would have thought of, very cool way of going about power steering. I will have to read up more on this mod, seems fairly popular. Look luck with everything and always looking forward to updates.
Here are a couple of links that I've referenced:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/electo-hy...4-t568877.html

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite CB7 View Post
X2 what rates did you choose and where'd you end up purchasing them? You do amazing work, good stuff goin' on in this thread
They're for a 2003-2007 Honda Accord or 2004-2008 TL/TSX. I'm not sure on the spring rate, as they were purchased from someone local who bought them and didn't use them. I'll grab the part number off of them the next time I'm in town and see if I can find out.

I bought rear upper top hats from Cheddas and I'd like to pair those along with some helper springs in the rear.

I should also have my engine and chassis wire harness that I mentioned previously finished here in the next two weeks.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:42 AM   #107
Jarrett
Contributing Member

I'm updating this thread because it showed up in the results for a Google search I made about the Ground Control coilover sleeves.

The coilover sleeves I have are for a 2003-2007 Accord and are 8" tall x 2.5" I.D. x 475lb(front)/300lb(rear). I'm okay with the rates, but I'm wondering if I should go taller on the rear springs. They match the physical dimensions of the Ground Control part number available for the CB, but when actually mounting them on the Koni yellow shocks, it seems that I have a ton of room to grow. I have to compress the shock through about 75% of its range to get the spring to seat on the top hat when the collar is halfway down on the sleeve! That's crazy! I have the Cheddas Auto rear top hats that give me back quite a bit of lost shock travel, but I'm thinking a 10" spring might help out here, as well.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? I know some of you guys have installed helper springs, so this might be another way of achieving the same outcome, more or less.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: