CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 03-19-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
JTL_91CB7
Newcomer

JTL_91CB7 is cool... so far.
Best stock ride height struts, for a good price?

I want to keep my stock ride height, but I want an upgraded suspension. I'm not really looking for anything crazy, at least not too expensive! But I want something that would be a great difference from my 20 year old struts! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
JTL_91CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
If you want to keep the stock ride height, Bilstein B6 shocks are the way to go. A set of 4 will run you around $375 if you know where to shop. I've always bought my Konis at Autoanything.com with their coupons. I'll put what I want in a cart and go do something else. They'll email you for a couple of days trying to get you to buy. Eventually they'll send either a 20 or 22% coupon for you to incentivize you to buy.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I need to look around again, as it's been years. However, a few reputable spring companies make (or at least made) springs that provided a nearly imperceptible drop (under an inch) and a spring rate a bit stiffer than stock. That would pair very well with those bilstein shocks. Your stock springs are likely pretty tired now.
A set of polyurethane bushings would also breathe new life into your car's suspension. It's amazing how much they can tighten things up.
Throw a good set of performance tires into the mix, and you'll feel like you're driving a totally different car.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:29 AM   #4
JTL_91CB7
Newcomer

JTL_91CB7 is cool... so far.
Do you know any companies that make the springs. I'm not exactly sure what size springs to get with the struts for that right height.!
JTL_91CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:12 AM   #5
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
The stickies are your friend.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #6
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d seems to have made some friends! fleetw00d seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
If you want to keep the stock ride height, Bilstein B6 shocks are the way to go.
I'll vouch for the Bilsteins. I have a set on the front of Ruby (90 LX) and will be installing rears next week. Also a set on the front of the wagon. All using stock springs.
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: