CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Technical

Old 01-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

laloquera is cool... so far.
Junk Yard Short Block

Im yanking a temporary short block from my local Junk Yard. Anyone have a good write up, sticky or video as to how to do this. Also I need a possible list of the exact tools needed for this job. I don't wanna carry my entire garage around the yard.
Thanks
laloquera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

Never mind, just found a sticky at beginner tech section.
Im picking this short block form Pick & Pull in the (916), what needs to come off and what stays on for short block extract?
Thanks
Old 01-15-2016, 01:53 AM   #3
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

How do you discharge the a/c system?
Old 01-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #4
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Unless you want to break the law, you don't. The AC system may only be discharged by a licensed professional. If you do it yourself and you're caught, you can face some pretty hefty fines. I'd assume they're probably extra-hefty in California, too.

If you must do it yourself, wear protective gear so you don't injure yourself with the venting refrigerant. But you REALLY shouldn't be doing it yourself.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #5
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

The AC system was discharged by the JK staff. Anyways, this job is done. Im gonna post up later when Im putting this back together. Im tired and soar as heck.
Thanks
Old 03-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #6
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

What up? Been hella procrastinating on this job. Its been raining a lot in NoCal & haven't able to do squat on this swap yet, I got my short bloc siting in my garage for a while know.
Any prep work I should be thinking of before I get started on this swap, its a short block direct f23a direct fit.
If you have any good ideas get at me thanks.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:08 AM   #7
jxiong12
CB7tuner Member

jxiong12 is cool... so far.
Ever get started? I'm from 916 too
jxiong12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:00 PM   #8
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

I have not, Im just procrastinating. Im spending 10 days in SD Next week, that's not helping. What projects you got going on?
Old 03-17-2016, 02:14 AM   #9
jxiong12
CB7tuner Member

Eh it's taking me months to rebuild my f22a1. I'm just into maintenance, not really a sports car person. Would like too see you update your swap though. You from South Sac?
Old 04-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #10
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

jx, from SD. Im still putting this project on the back burner. Saw a few good looking cb7 on my way to SCal. Im in Davis
Old 04-17-2016, 08:42 PM   #11
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

Sorry, I meant to type from Davis. Still haven't done a thing yet. What do you mean rebuilding your f21a, you got a any pics? What part of Sac you from?

Last edited by laloquera; 04-17-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #12
jxiong12
CB7tuner Member

I'm from Florin, CA. It's just been leaking and I took apart the tranny to reseal so I re-ringed/rebuilt the engine too. I have a thread in the beginner section.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:01 PM   #13
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

Right on, I was gonna get started but this rain will not stop. I gota all my seals in. As soon as we get a brake on from the rain, Im on it. Im gonna look up your thread.
Thanks
Old 05-20-2016, 11:30 PM   #14
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

Just got reading your thread, you got down on it, very nice. Im just doing a straight short block swap. Ive taken a few cylinder head into Pearl Peformance off Franklin. The last honda civic head I ended up taking to a shope in Woodland, Im not going back ever again. Freaking head came back with tool marks and obrations.
I like the window weld idea, never heard of it, I know my mounts are busted.
Let get at you if I have any questions once I get started.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #15
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

I'm back. Anyone know what kind pre work can be done to my JK short block that's been sitting in my back patio for a few months. This is my first job swapping out engines and not sure what to do, should I just install it as it? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #16
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

XJ, What color is cb7? I was in the Florin/Greenhaven area last week and saw a few cb7 driven by a bunch of kids.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:42 PM   #17
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Look into replacing all the o-rings and all the seals that you can without opening up the engine. That would be a good start. Also pickup a new water pump and idler bearings as well as a timing belt. With all of that you should be ready to go.
Rilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #18
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
If the transmission if off I would replace the rear main seal, along with the oil pan gasket, water pipe o-rings, and the valve cover gasket.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:33 PM   #19
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

I got all of the above cover. Short block is just the cast iron bottom half where the pistons are located, I was more concern with the bottom half.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:58 PM   #20
laloquera
CB7tuner Member

I'm beyond that. I waited three years to score a f23a1. Walking the jk and spoted 93 cb7 sedan with front damage, radiator was up against the exhaust, not making contact. I noticed the 93 had a good paint job, seems mint condition, no scratches & no dents. I'm thinking either two things are going on, it just got paint job or the previous owner had a lot love by having this cb7 garage kept. This is getting better by the minute, look inside to take a look at the interior it was perfect, the only thing missing was the new car smell. I go take a look at the dash odometer and its reads 150k and some change. I got on my knees and thank the gods.
I get to it, took everything off, took off the electricals, shaft, and strip the engine to the bare short block, separated the tranny on the ground. Take in mind I had to strip everything off the short block: tb, wp, cross over pipe and housing, intake, cylinder head, atl, ps ... ect ..ect
Turn out to be a good score for me, I truly believe this short block belong to an old lady who has not bought a new since 1993, kept in her garage, and just babied this thing. I ended up paying out of pocket $80.00 out the door, I had $20.00 PNP coupons, but the yard did not excepted during a 50% the entire yard.
So this is where am at folks, block has been sitting in my back patio for months and I cant wait to start this swap. If you have done this job and have any or some helpful info. do get at me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: