• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump
    92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Just picked up a set of Legend Calipers for $16 at the pull-a-part. Looks like my DD accord is going ROH
      Last edited by GunRunner; 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM.
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Question: Do the 98 CL 2.3 hub&bearings fit in the CB Accord knuckle or do you need only the hubs? I have found a good price on the CL hub&bearing already pressed together new.
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
          Question: Do the 98 CL 2.3 hub&bearings fit in the CB Accord knuckle or do you need only the hubs? I have found a good price on the CL hub&bearing already pressed together new.
          They are interchangable.

Kmart and stacey both have ROH set ups if you want to get used.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
          Traded with: Cb7xChun
          Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
          Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
          My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
            They are interchangable.

Kmart and stacey both have ROH set ups if you want to get used.
            Thanks for confirming!
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
              They are interchangable.
              Wait, so if I go to the junk yard and find a 98 Acura 2.3CL, I can take the hub with bearing on it and not have to worry about getting an Accord bearing to press on the Acura's hub?
              So why is all of the ROH conversions that I have read, list the parts separately instead of just saying get the whole thing?

Thanks.

Comment

Correct^ go to yard. Find a roh cl. 2.2 or 3.0. Same setup. Take out the hub and bearing which is already pressed together, remove the 4 bolts in the back... and walahhh. Now u have the first main part of the roh swap.

GuNnRunner? Wat is the stamping on the calipers? I went and got cb9 calipers.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                  Correct^ go to yard. Find a roh cl. 2.2 or 3.0. Same setup. Take out the hub and bearing which is already pressed together, remove the 4 bolts in the back... and walahhh. Now u have the first main part of the roh swap.

GuNnRunner? Wat is the stamping on the calipers? I went and got cb9 calipers.
                  Wait, you are confusing me here. I read that only the Acura 98/99 2.3CL works and the 3.0CL won't fit. Now you say that the 3.0CL fits and 2.2CL, never seen the 2.2CL. Could you clarify to be sure? I hate going there and get the wrong thing.
                  Thanks.

Comment

I sent tippy a message about this b4... he said 2.2 and 3.0 hub and bearings are the same..

I meant 2.3 my bad.

There's a 2.2 c from 1997 l but its roh I think its hor only friend
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

So looking at the steps, I am puzzle that the rotor is held on to the hub/bearing by 4 bolts in the front. Why can't we just take the front 4 bolts that hold the rotor on and remove the rotor without having to remove the hub/bearing? I would guess the hardest thing is we have to take the big 36mm axle nut off before we could take the rotor off. So I figure why can't we just take the axle nut off then the 4 bolts that hold the rotor on and the rotor should just come off right?
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                        So looking at the steps, I am puzzle that the rotor is held on to the hub/bearing by 4 bolts in the front. Why can't we just take the front 4 bolts that hold the rotor on and remove the rotor without having to remove the hub/bearing? I would guess the hardest thing is we have to take the big 36mm axle nut off before we could take the rotor off. So I figure why can't we just take the axle nut off then the 4 bolts that hold the rotor on and the rotor should just come off right?
                        Thanks.
                        wrong, with the stock setup for our cars the rotor isnt just held on by the four bolts in the front. the rotor is actually located behind the hub which is the part that you are talking about. in order to get the rotor off you have to remove the whole hub/bearing assembly which is held into place by four bolts behind the knuckle. and it does not just pop out you normally have to get a strengthened bolt and hammer the shit out of it, once you get the bearing out of the knuckle then you can take the rotor off and replace it. this is alot of work and is the main reason why everyone wants to do this swap. because the normal setup is just a pain in the ass to do as ive had to do it myself and i never want to do it again.
                        Last edited by 92accordcb7ex; 05-18-2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                          Required:
                          - New or re-use CB Accord front wheel bearings. (If re-using your old ones they need to be pressed out from the hub)
                          - 98 Acura CL 2.3 front wheel hubs (pressed onto bearings)
                          - 94 Prelude VTIR 282mm front brake rotors
                          - 23T Prelude caliper brackets
                          - 97 Prelude calipers/92 Accord wagon calipers with brake pads to match
                          are the 23T Prelude caliper brackets also fount in the 97 model or are they from an earlier year
                          My MRT

Comment

what was the total cost?
                            visit vgruk

Comment

Were are people buying their 2.3 CL hubs? All I can find is the bearing assembly but no hubs were the rotor bolts on too.. can any one help track these down or know who carries them?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                                Were are people buying their 2.3 CL hubs? All I can find is the bearing assembly but no hubs were the rotor bolts on too.. can any one help track these down or know who carries them?

I picked mine up through bernardi parts online and sourced the bearing from my local auto parts store.

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X