No announcement yet.

SUSP: Front 5-lug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umm this is still under research. i gave arrozburner my extra odyssey hub to see if it'll fit the accord bearing. to my measurements it looks like it will. why don't you try and do that and let us know? it wouldn't hurt to do so .
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

looks like im goin to. i would rather not buy new bearings that i can easily avoid buying. not i just have to find some odyssey hubs

Comment

so.... do odyssey hubs fit accord wheel bearings? this would be great to know

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

As usual, I'm going to bump old threads back from the dead

Been doing some reading on 5-lug conversion for the front, and ppl seem to have done some R&D and found out that Odyssey hubs do fit on Accord bearings and knuckles? Can someone confirm me on this one?

In this thread, Timmy showed us that he used Prelude hubs on Odyssey bearings and knuckles, which brings me to the next question:

If Odyssey hubs fit on Accord bearings and knuckles, and Prelude hubs fit on Odyssey bearings and knuckles, does this mean that Prelude hubs will fit on Accord bearings and knuckles as well?

Timmy did said that the Prelude hubs are a bit shorter compared to Odyssey hubs, but I don't see any problem with that...Maybe I missed something?

If anyone can answer my questions and provide a bit more info on this, that'd be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance guys!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

we have not yet confirmed if the ody hubs fit the accord bearings. bug arrozburner since he still has my ody hub.

if that's the case then all hubs fit the accord bearings; but the length is another thing. to do rotor-over-hub don't you need the prelude hub anyways (or was it CL)? remember i only noticed the prelude 5-lug hub to be shorter when used with ody bearings (my currect setup). i'd rather use ody hubs so i can stake my axle nuts (shorter hub doesn't able me to stake the nut, just like the rear when doing a 5-lug).

it's not a big deal if the hub is short. i've tracked my car with that setup and everything is fine, all nuts UNstaked on all corners LOL.
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Really? Hmm my bad then..I seriously thought ppl have done their research and came up with a definite answer..Here are the quotes I found while doing some searching and reading on here..

Originally posted by jeesare
              Yes it works! Its what I used when I had my Accord. Make sure the hubs are from 1st Gen Odyssey. You can always goto the junk yard and get the Odyssey spindles, bolts right on. Just make sure the bearings are not in bad shape. Any ?'s let me know.
              Originally posted by djcaz_aom
              ^^^^ x2. You can use the hubs from an Odyssey, and the hubs from the prelude in the rear. You don't need the knuckles after all from the Odyssey.
              Good luck on the swap and keep us posted.
              For ROH conversion, yes, ppl do use the CL hubs..But I want to do 5-lug conversion Timmy, not ROH conversion hehe that's why I was asking whether the Lude hubs will work on Accord bearings or not..

The way I see it, if it IS proven that Ody hubs fit Accord bearings and knuckles, and we've all seen how you're using Lude hubs on Ody bearings and knuckles, thenn I think it's safe to assume that the Lude hubs WILL fit on Accord bearings and knuckles as well, despite the fact that Lude hubs are a bit shorter than Ody hubs..Who knows? Maybe the Lude hubs will fit even better on the Accord bearings than Ody hubs due to the shorter length hehe who knows tho, I'm jus guessing....

But I guess I'm going to have to bug some ppl thru PM and ask them questions about this, especially arrozburner..

I myself do have spare Accord hubs and bearings..I also have Lude hubs, BUT they are still attached to the knuckles, soo I couldn't exactly measure and compare them side by side just yet..

I'm willing to bet that they will fit though..I dunno, just a gut instinct..Anyone with me on this? Hehe

Maybe someone else can clarify this? Thanks guys

Ronald

Comment

mmm 5 lug turbo h22a wagon
                knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

Originally posted by BIEN_DIESEL
                  mmm 5 lug turbo h22a wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
                    I think he just wanted an excuse to show off!

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Originally posted by hondaracer33
                      I think he just wanted an excuse to show off!
                      knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

just wanting to add to this post. wagan van TypeR and all VTEC calipers share the same A1 car done part #. As well as the same wagner brake pad number --503. as far as the back im not sure yet but 10th-AE-cb7 's have the bigger calipers. Not sure if its bigger than the lude. i look into it soon and edit this post.

L8

Comment

Quick question, sorry to bring this back from the dead but this is a good post ppl need to see it

So NSX front calipers will fit onto the 97-01 prelude rotors and the T25 bracket?
                          1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

ronald perhaps you should take these knuckles to a machine shop have them press the stuff out so you can measure and then have them press them in if you are indeed right!

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

sorry to bring this back for the dead again but what is a t25 bracket can any of you tell me i am seriously looking into the conersion

Comment

Originally posted by xtremecb7
                                sorry to bring this back for the dead again but what is a t25 bracket can any of you tell me i am seriously looking into the conersion
                                25T bracket is the bracket that holds the caliper to the knuckle for the prelude vtec calipers.

Comment

Working...
                                X