No announcement yet.

G. Wiffington : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I had more to post on here about the CB.

I usually only pull it out on the weekends but it still runs amazing every time.

I have been learning how to tune the ignition map in s300 so I have been
    making adjustments regarding timing.

I never really knew how to tune the ignition portion of the maps but it is
    fun to learn.

Learning how to tune the ignition maps has made the H22 way more
    powerful than before. VTEC crossover has definitely got a lot smoother
    & powerful. I also have been trying to find that sweet spot for the crossover.
    Right now I have VTEC at 5475 but it still seems like the engine wants
    it to be moved up even further! Pretty interesting..(to me lol).

I just want to put it out there that you really can learn how to tune yourself
    & do not need to pay someone or get on a dyno ( for a street NA car).

I have had a few people message me about tuning & how to. But, I am
    just like everyone else on here. I just dedicated hours & hours of reading
    forums especially the Hondata forum. So I just want to let you guys know
    that there is nothing to be scared about. You just have to get out there
    & try. "You can't win the lottery without buying a ticket.."

I never told anyone on here this but when I got my Euro R I couldn't even
    get it started for the longest time because of the tune I was sent from
    a company who installed the Hondata in my P28. But, I have learned &
    now my CB runs exactly as it should.

I have tuned my friend's del sol with a gsr swap & that turned out amazing
    as well. & that tune only took me a few pulls to get it right.

I know boosted/turbo set ups are trickier but I wouldn't be scared to try it at
    all. I will be boosting my brother's EK hatch with the D16Y8 soon so I will
    definitely post about that.

(turbo or an H22 swap in the hatch) not sure which one!

So if anyone needs any assistance or advice on tuning I will gladly share
    everything I have learned with you. I wish someone would have taught me
    or gave me info but hey, that is what I would like to do here. This is an
    awesome community here on CB7tuner & I am just glad to be here.
    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Updated pics: August 2019

I finally went around to welding my test pipe. I don't have a picture of it welded
      up but it was an adjustable test pipe that I had held together with exhaust
      clamps.

I installed a Megan Racing (ehh) header with the previous downpipe still on.
      It honestly looks a lot better than the wrapped header. So it makes the bay a
      little cleaner I think. A few of my friends want to go to Honda Day again this
      year so I might take the CB, not sure yet. But, if I do it will look a bit better.
      I still need to mount & balance the RPF1s I have sitting in my house.
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Damn your car is a total sleeper. All basically stock on the outside but a lil fire breather under the hood. I love it. People see my brake calipers on my car and ask me how fast it is. I just gotta laugh. Great job bro.
        5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
          Damn your car is a total sleeper. All basically stock on the outside but a lil fire breather under the hood. I love it. People see my brake calipers on my car and ask me how fast it is. I just gotta laugh. Great job bro.
          Thanks man I appreciate that a lot!

That was my plan to make it seem stock. I like the clean simple look. They
          never see it coming.

Haha that's cool man. Your CB looks great too.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

I finally installed my wheels!

Also, my friends & I went to Honda Day again (even though I always say I won't go back lol)

Keep Pushing..

Comment

It's driving me bonkers to not know how to tune. Or I should say "to know enough to be dangerous". Sometimes I think I overthink it but still need to be honest in that I don't even know the basics....

- Since air is air then all adjustments to make lambda come from fuel adjustments?
              - Do I even adjust IGN. tables and where to start on that.....
              - When do high end load tables kick in? past a certain speed...
              - With boost applications you are running rich when in boost for but NA cars is the whole board 14.7? Why can't the ECU adjust shit on it's own to accomplish this?

ya.... probably over thinking it. I've read online, read the S300 manual a few times, but it's about putting the big picture together and making adjustments on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                It's driving me bonkers to not know how to tune. Or I should say "to know enough to be dangerous". Sometimes I think I overthink it but still need to be honest in that I don't even know the basics....

- Since air is air then all adjustments to make lambda come from fuel adjustments?
                - Do I even adjust IGN. tables and where to start on that.....
                - When do high end load tables kick in? past a certain speed...
                - With boost applications you are running rich when in boost for but NA cars is the whole board 14.7? Why can't the ECU adjust shit on it's own to accomplish this?

ya.... probably over thinking it. I've read online, read the S300 manual a few times, but it's about putting the big picture together and making adjustments on that.

Well the wideband is actually just measuring the amount of air in correlation to the amount of fuel present. We are just making sure that there is not too much air which would cause us to be lean as well as not too much fuel to cause us to be overrich. Both are not what we are aiming for.

Yes! So an easy way to do it is to have your wideband hooked into your
                ECU so your laptop can do all the work for you! I started out using the
                "Fuel Change" setting. What it does is while you are live & driving your computer is recording all the cells that you are in, "under x amount of load
                or RPM". This setting feature will show you either a positive number or negative number with a percentage next to it. What this means is where ever there is a positive number you want to ADD fuel. Where there is a negative percentage that means you want to REMOVE fuel by that quoted percentage. So what you want to do is highlight the few cells around that & either add or subtract fuel. Remember, a cell is not based on itself & goes off of surrounding cells as well as the lines above & below it on the fuel map. Shew lol. I should make a video..much easier than reading this.

Tuning IGN is a little bit different. I have been doing a lot of reading on IGN & you really want to be careful with it because of detonation. I think it is kinda hard to hear the sound of it but I have been successful so far.
                the one thing I learned which is pretty dumb but just good info..people love that crackling sound when letting off throttle..I DO NOT. So what they do to achieve that is on the lowest lines on your fuel map they will add extra fuel & pull a lot of timing to make that explosion happen. So I do the complete opposite & pull fuel & add timing. It's a more fine line with IGN tuning vs fuel tuning. Message me & we can chat a little more about IGN.

So high end tables I am guessing you mean high cam map..that only happens when we visit Uncle VTEC!!! As soon as you enter VTEC your ECU will follow the high cam map until you go below the VTEC set point (5600, 4800..where ever you have VTEC set at.)

Well for boost it needs a lot more fuel for obvious reasons. But no...not the entire map you are shooting for 14.7. If you notice in any basemap that comes on the S300 I believe clumns 1-5 (maybe 6) are all 14.7 then as you get into the higher columns with more load you are going to be touching high 13.0s then VTEC is about low 13.0s where our engines enjoy more fuel!

Ahah! Secrectly the ECU can do this but...in order for this to happen you must have a stock O2 (narrowband) still running with an additional wideband. You can use "Closed Loop" & use autotune! I have not used this feature yet. Let me know how that goes if you use it haha.

come to Baltimore & i'll tune your CB!

I give out these little instructionals on tuning every so often. This is the most info I have given out so far on a post.

It is a shame that most pro tuners literally will not give any tips or info about tuning. I would give any of you guys all my knowledge of how to tune.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Do you have a map you want to send me & I can look at it?
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

Yaa........ i can't even find the change fuel settings ....

I think i need to read the S300 manual 20 more times. None of what you said made any sense to me at all

(no base tune map, just my current modified map from the tuner)

Comment

If you look at the top of the smanager under the tab "View" you will see
                      "Fuel Change" if you click it, on the map fuel table it will show percentages
                      indicating how much change in fuel is needed.
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Awe man! There goes all of my pics from the start of my MR thread.
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

All the pics are still there... Not sure what your talking about G.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I see the pics too.

I wish there was something like Honda Day out here on the West Coast. We do have things like CAM, but I want the drag racing or full motorsports version of CAM for all Hondas.

Then there is the World Cup Finals at MIR, of course...
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Wow that must be the crappy work computers that won't load the pics.

Yeah man Honda Day is pretty awesome besides all the music blaring all
                              day long haha. They actually cancelled the Spring 2020 HDay because of
                              the COVID.

I haven't been doing too much with the Accord lately.
                              The last thing I did was to replace the 40/40 prop valve. The one that I had
                              was leaking & I am not sure why. Every time I would go out to my car I would
                              reach in the bay & feel all around the prop valve to see if it was leaking. It
                              sure was leaking pretty good from either the little black rubber piece or the
                              crease between where the top & bottom portions bolt together.
                              I had a feeling that is where it was leaking from because my fluid level
                              would sometimes look lower & lower since I do not drive it but weekends.

My buddy had a 40/40 laying around because he is an Integra guy so I
                              bought it from him & installed it. I must say that installing a prop valve
                              with then engine in the car is a NIGHTMARE. I did get it done only & only
                              because of a special tool I saw being promoted on Instagram. It is a 10mm
                              flare wrench that can pivot & bend. It is probably one of the best tools I
                              have ever bought for my tool box collection. It came straight from China
                              right as the whole COVID thing was starting so I actually cleaned the
                              heck out of it for two days & let it sit in the garage for a week before I used
                              it hahahah. Can't be too safe these days! Anyway, that tool was so perfect.
                              && after changing the prop valve I re bled the brakes with help of my
                              girlfriend (they are good for break bleedings lol). Man my CB has never felt
                              so....SAFE! It stops way better now that air isn't being introduced into the
                              lines. Especially right there before the Master Cylinder. You live & you learn.
                              & learn that sometimes 20+ year old parts do fail eventually.

This is not the exact tool I purchased but this is the type of flare wrench I
                              have now: https://www.greatnecksaw.com/22064-o...set-metric-oem
                              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                              X