Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark Plugs

The person at NAPA told me the Autolite 5224 sparkplug was the best fit for my accord dx 1990 , when I asked for the spark plugs. Is this correct?

I don't know how to explain it but after replacing the sparkplugs I feel like a vibration on the steering wheel. It just doesn't feel the same

Originally posted by greenquark View Post
    The person at NAPA told me the Autolite 5224 sparkplug was the best fit for my accord dx 1990 , when I asked for the spark plugs. Is this correct?

I don't know how to explain it but after replacing the sparkplugs I feel like a vibration on the steering wheel. It just doesn't feel the same
    NGK plugs and leads or go home.

Comment

They told me this autolite were to specs as good as NGK when I asked for the NGK.

I will get the NGK ASAP. platinum right?

Thanks

Comment

OE replacement : NGK ZFR6F-11
        or
        Platinum : NGK PZFR6F-11

edited

Or you can use (P)ZFR5F-11 Its a hotter plug. If you have any hop ups you can use the 6
        Last edited by illinois_erik; 08-25-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Theres not that much difference in A-quality sparkplugs. (Denso and Bosch are great too (Dont know if thats available in your country)

I got a preference for NGK platinums tho, just feels right.

Comment

I just replaced the sparkplugs from autolite to platinum NGK . Car is back to what it was. The difference is quite noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
              OE replacement : NGK ZFR6F-11
              or
              Platinum : NGK PZFR6F-11

edited

Or you can use (P)ZFR5F-11 Its a hotter plug. If you have any hop ups you can use the 6
              ^^^ This. NGK or nothing.

For some reason I have had several vehicles (all Fords) that hated anything but Autolites. And CB's seem to hate those Bosch multiple ground electrode pieces of shit. I haven't seen them in a while and I hope the reason why is because they don't make them anymore. Anything else I never tried. When I tried Bosch plugs I was young and didn't know any better.

Always use what the manufacturer recommends. If it's a Honda get NGK's, if you cannot find NGK's (for some very odd reason) then see about Denso's.

The funny thing is the Autolites are $3 each as where the proper NGK's are $2.25 each. Looks like someone upsaled on your ass!
              Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-26-2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

never use autolites in anything other than a ford. The entire ignition system, if not the entire engine is designed around the spark plugs. So always use the correct plugs.
                For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Autolites are an OE replacement plug for other makes as well. Motorcraft on the other hand is a Ford, Lincoln, Mercury specific OE plug. But as with every plug manufacturer they make plugs for other makes as well it's just not advised to do so under typical conditions.

What can be said here to sum it up is only use OE recommended plugs. For CB's that is NGK & Denso.

Honda Part # 98079-5514G or ZFR5F-11 for NGK.

Honda Part # 98079-5515G or KJ16CR-L11 for Denso.

This is not true for those who are FI or N20. There are a variety of other plugs that can be used in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                    This is not true for those who are FI or N20. There are a variety of other plugs that can be used in that case.
                    To expand upon that, you would use a cooler plug, (Also for hotter environments or extended high speed runs) which is a higher number in the part number nomenclature ie: NGK ZFR6F-11 vs NGK ZFR5F-11. However online honda dealerships list both the 5 & 6 as OE replacements.
                    Me being in central illinois I could get away with 5's, If i moved to Arizona Id probably run 6's as stock replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                      To expand upon that, you would use a cooler plug, (Also for hotter environments or extended high speed runs) which is a higher number in the part number nomenclature ie: NGK ZFR6F-11 vs NGK ZFR5F-11. However online honda dealerships list both the 5 & 6 as OE replacements.
                      Me being in central illinois I could get away with 5's, If i moved to Arizona Id probably run 6's as stock replacements.
                      And there is the rest of the information!

I was about to go into that but I got lazy. Since it became as in depth as it did we might as well go all the way!

Comment

Denso and NGK are the only plugs I would ever use on my car. I've used Bosch in the past, and they were junk. Autolite is also junk.
                        They may work... but they're not right. Denso and NGK.

As for wires (leads), NGK is good. Sumitomo (OEM) is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Denso and NGK are the only plugs I would ever use on my car. I've used Bosch in the past, and they were junk. Autolite is also junk.
                          They may work... but they're not right. Denso and NGK.

As for wires (leads), NGK is good. Sumitomo (OEM) is the best.
                          Not to mention Sumitomo wires are about $10 cheaper. But I'm to lazy to go to the dealership. I'd rather have them show up on my porch. Actually my dealership is located in a traffic accident prone part of town. And the idiots who work there like to drive the new cars through the parking lot a bit fast and it makes me cringe thinking I might tango my rust box with a new $20,000 car. And I have to drive all the way through the parking lot to the very back to get to the parts counter. Even past the service department.

Some cars I have done things in the bay to where it looked good with the blue wires, other not so much. I still run them though.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                            Not to mention Sumitomo wires are about $10 cheaper. But I'm to lazy to go to the dealership. I'd rather have them show up on my porch. Actually my dealership is located in a traffic accident prone part of town. And the idiots who work there like to drive the new cars through the parking lot a bit fast and it makes me cringe thinking I might tango my rust box with a new $20,000 car. And I have to drive all the way through the parking lot to the very back to get to the parts counter. Even past the service department.

Some cars I have done things in the bay to where it looked good with the blue wires, other not so much. I still run them though.

I searched and searched for my receipt to my replacement lifetime wires and it seems I have lost them. Oh well. I read that the NGK are OEM replacements but that Somitomo are where its at. Something about NGK misfires or something likke that.

Where did ya find the sumitomos for so cheap? I usually see them about double the price of NGK.

P.S. I think people just rock NGK wires for the color but IDK.

Comment

I have never had any issues with NGK wires. I have been running them for years.

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/auto-...park-plug-scat

Sumitomo wires, $37.81

I pay just under $50 for NGK wires with the coil wire. Without coil wire I think it's just above $40 but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X