I'll need a replacement muffler for my 94 accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll need a replacement muffler for my 94 accord

Is there a quiet or relatively quiet muffler for a 94 accord ex sedan that isn't $75-100 lol. I was assuming it would be much cheaper than that but i can't find one. I don't care about looks or actually design but it will need a built in tip(s) to go past the bumper and i want it to be stock sounding. Already have 2 obnoxiously loud vehicles on the road

i don't even care if its a "fart can" looking muffler as long as it fits and isn't loud.
    Last edited by JBradley500; 10-06-2011, 10:12 AM.
    '94 CD5 EX F22B1 Automatic

A muffler i thought was pretty quiet was the Thrush turbo series muffler. I put one on my Turbo'd accord and made it pretty quiet, wasn't oem quiet but still couldn't be heard over music playing in the cabin. fairly cheap still and should be available at a local auto parts store.

Its not a bolt on axle back, but requires removing whatever is on there now and welding/clamping/crimping/any other method of putting it on. there's a oulet but it doesn't really stick out to far but could possibly add a tip if wanted.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

Would you consider putting an OEM stock muffler back on?
      | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

hell yeah thats what id like to do.
        '94 CD5 EX F22B1 Automatic

Comment

Fart cans are usually just 3+ inch glasspacks and are loud. Thrush turbo mufflers are very loud if you don't have a turbo (from experience). Everyone should research the difference between a regular muffler and a turbo muffler before purchasing one. Turbo mufflers are generally the equivalent of a bent up glasspack. Not inconspicuous at all on an N/A car. Mufflers and tires went way up when this whole recession thing started. A decade ago you could have bought a brand new, quiet, stock style muffler for 20 bucks. Nowadays, good luck with that. Rockauto.com, ebay, or a junkyard (or maybe even seeing if you could get a used one off of a muffler shop) are your best bets. Summit and Jegs have good prices on the quieter Flowmasters (and their generic brand) once in a while. I forget which series that is, but they are not that bad as long as you don't go big on the diameter.
          96 mx-6, needs work...
          91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

quiet Flowmasters? ha.

Stock replacement mufflers are $50 - 60 bucks at Autozone. Doesn't get much cheaper than that.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

vibrant oval muffler. with oem tips added would be the quietest. ive heard personally.
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

look for a civic Si muffler, like around 08' year

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Also, a stock newer Accord muffler. They were deigned to resonate more noise due to the larger volume of flowing exhaust. ...and yes, a shop will have to do a little extra to make it fit correctly, but should be no problem for a real exhaust shop.
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I have the Vibrant Stealth muffler as posted above^^^

Best muffler ive seen yet based on the price/quality

8 Accords so far:
                    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                      vibrant oval muffler. with oem tips added would be the quietest. ive heard personally.
                      Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                      I have the Vibrant Stealth muffler as posted above^^^

Best muffler ive seen yet based on the price/quality
                      I have one of those and it nice and quiet. I have it on my EG HB 3in catback on a 1.5, soon to be H22
                      NEW PSN
                      H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                      RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X