A Legit Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Legit Question....

How does the law system decide what to do with a transsexual person that is to be put in prison?

Say, for example, a man(born a man) had breast implants, long hair, etc--LOOKED like a woman, but still had a penis.

Would he be placed in a prison with other men or in a prison with women?

Same question for women who look like men but still female genitalia.

How does that work?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could see the latter being put into an all-women's prison. Perhaps secluded.

But I dont know about the former. One would think inmates with penises are frowned upon in female facilities, and vice versa for male facilities.

But a man, with breasts, long flowing hair and a cute smile, wouldnt do so good in an all-male prison. And you'd almost think they wouldnt be allowed in an all-female prison.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
    But a man, with breasts, long flowing hair and a cute smile, wouldnt do so good in an all-male prison. And you'd almost think they wouldnt be allowed in an all-female prison.
    He would more than likely appreciate the all-male prison as all the inmates would appreciate him.
    Maybe the all-female prison would make him straight again.

I'm sure a lot also depends on the crime, white collar or blue collar prison.

Comment

Just because someone's a tranny doesn't make them ***. A guy could just want to be a woman, and still like women. Some people are just really messed up in the head haha
      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Does the law even recognize a transgender person, even post-op, as being a member of the chosen gender, not the gender they were born?

I would think that ultimately it is the genitalia that would determine how they would be treated, and what prison they would be sent to. A "woman" that still has functional male reproductive organs can still impregnate female inmates, and a "man" that has a functional female reproductive organs can be impregnated by male inmates. If you're gonna rape or get raped in prison, at least make it so the other people have the same junk you do!

That's a good question, though. I bet certain areas of the country would handle that quite differently! The more conservative areas would say a former man is still a man, and the more liberal areas would recognize a person based on how they view themselves, regardless of their equipment. I think the way I put it above is the only truly logical way to look at it... from a potential reproductive standpoint. If all reproductive ability has been removed, then it's probably more of a matter of social views than anything else.

I guess that goes to show how big a threat the transgender community is to the world! If the amount of crime committed by that group is so inconsequential that we don't even know how to imprison them... they really AREN'T hurting anyone by being who the are!

Comment

i know it's just a TV show but this happened once in an episode of Law and Order :SVU where at the end, a transgender was placed into an all male prison and then he/she had the crap beaten out of them even though he/she was fighting to be placed in an all female prison but the judge wouldn't have it.

I found this article and towards the end it explains things but basically it depends on if they were pre-op or post op.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90...1#.T48IsqtDx8E
          Last edited by Leung; 04-18-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

saw a guy that looked just like a girl from birth, dating a lesbian that looked like a boy (not from birth). made me happy to see outcast find heterosexual love...

Comment

I'm pretty sure they would go by what the legally are, IE, whats on their ID.
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                saw a guy that looked just like a girl from birth, dating a lesbian that looked like a boy (not from birth). made me happy to see outcast find heterosexual love...
                I know a couple that used to be women. Both are now men (or becoming men.) I found it interesting that they chose to go from homosexual women to homosexual men!

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                I'm pretty sure they would go by what the legally are, IE, whats on their ID.
                Is it possible to change that with a full medical gender change?

Comment

trans-sexual and trans-gender are much different. I think the transsexual would be placed in a male prison (if he's a male from birth) and I think the trans-gender would be placed in a prison according to what sexual organs they have.

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

What's the difference? Would trans-sexual be someone that identifies themselves as a member of the opposite sex, even to the point of hormone treatments, but still retains their original organs... while trans-gender would be someone that actually had their organs removed/modified?

Comment

'Transgender' describes a person, male or female, who dresses, behaves or presents themselves in a way that is different from their gender norm. Transgender includes transvestites/crossdressers, Drag Queens/Kings, androgynes and genderqueers. It does NOT include transsexual people.

'Transsexual' describes a person, male or female, born with a congenital neurological intersex condition (Benjamin's syndrome). Although transsexualism almost always requires some form of medical intervention up to and including genital surgery, it is not defined by, nor restricted to, that treatment.
                      Everything I have found says they are placed by their genitalia, pre- or post-, op. So if a person has a penis, but breasts, he will be placed in a male prison. If a man has had the surgery and now has female genitalia, they will be placed in a female prison.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Mike, are you planning to get some "work" done then commit a crime? LOL
                        wat?

Comment

"-gender" is pre-op. "-sexual" is post-op.

Comment

My plan is do to a very clever tuck-back... and get placed in a female prison.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                              Mike, are you planning to get some "work" done then commit a crime? LOL
                              Yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X