a good daily driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a good daily driver?

Im looking for a decent daily that i literally dont have tk guve 2 shits about. A cb meets all my criteria except for the not giving a shit part.

So im looking for a daily that:
    1. is cheap as hell
    2. cheap to fix
    3. great mpg
    4. is very easy to find
    5. not a chevy (parents would kill me)

What do you all recommend?
    visit vgruk

88-91 civic,

Comment

Not sure why you wouldnt buy another CB7, you give too many shits about them?

Comment

90's corolla,
        '92 to '00 Civic

I think most EFs you would find wouldn't be in great condition, but if you find a really well taken care of EF, then that would be awesome.

What do your parents specifically have against Chevrolet?
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Get a corolla 86 and drift the night away

Comment

yeah a cb7 pretty much fits all your criteria.. just find one with a shitty body and run it into the ground. cd5's as well could be had for cheap nowadays.

Comment

Not a BMW.

I second a 90's Corolla. That's a good suggestion.

I can see the Chevy thing easily turned into the winter 2014 grand international shit slinging Olympics.

Comment

was browsing CL http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4798547873.html DROOL.

im not finding many yoters in my area so i think im gonna run with an ef. plus its a honda and well...

i dont much like civics so i think it would be poetic to run one into the ground.

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
                Not sure why you wouldnt buy another CB7, you give too many shits about them?
                way to many shits. i planto buy another cb one day. just not right now

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                90's corolla,
                '92 to '00 Civic

I think most EFs you would find wouldn't be in great condition, but if you find a really well taken care of EF, then that would be awesome.

What do your parents specifically have against Chevrolet?
                i cant remember why exactly. its pretty long winded.

im not sure why but THE HATRED FOR CHEVY RUNS DEEP in my family

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                Not a BMW.

I second a 90's Corolla. That's a good suggestion.

I can see the Chevy thing easily turned into the winter 2014 grand international shit slinging Olympics.
                i really really like m30's. i want a nice one some day. just not the one that i have. mine is way to far gone to really be worth my while. its reached the end of its life span for me at least.
                Last edited by Jarrett; 12-10-2014, 10:36 PM.
                visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD
                  i really really like m30's. i want a nice one some day. just not the one that i have. mine is way to far gone to really be worth my while. its reached the end of its life span for me at least.
                  Honestly, it's more work that I would want to do either. I can't blame you for wanting something else.

Comment

Why not a CB? I have one now that I bought for almost nothing and could care less if it explodes into a million pieces as long as none gets hurt....rust and 300k miles make it worthless to me, no one wants a 300k mile car so no sense polishing a turd either.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                      Why not a CB? I have one now that I bought for almost nothing and could care less if it explodes into a million pieces as long as none gets hurt....rust and 300k miles make it worthless to me, no one wants a 300k mile car so no sense polishing a turd either.
                      Well said.

Their not diamonds in the rough, it's a CB, not a Ferrari.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                        Not a BMW.
                        What are you talking about, I get great gas mileage. I have been on the same tank of gas since July!

But on a serious note, an M30 car is incredibly realiable. The E34 is praised as one of the most reliable luxury cars there are. And shockingly not that expensive. Not Honda cheap, but not German expensive especialy the M30. You can get a good driving auto for $2000 depending on location and body condition.
                        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                          What are you talking about, I get great gas mileage. I have been on the same tank of gas since July!

But on a serious note, an M30 car is incredibly realiable. The E34 is praised as one of the most reliable luxury cars there are. And shockingly not that expensive. Not Honda cheap, but not German expensive especialy the M30. You can get a good driving auto for $2000 depending on location and body condition.
                          He just bought a BMW for a daily and he doesn't like it. That's what I was making reference to.

When I was a teenager I worked with several Turks and all of them bought BMW's when they moved over here for school. One had a black 1997 M3 hardtop coupe with the 3.2L and a 5 speed. Super fun car to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                            Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
                            Well said.

Their not diamonds in the rough, it's a CB, not a Ferrari.
                            yes thats true but i still like the chassis so i cant beat the shit out of one without feeling shitty about it. i love these cars.

Originally posted by XCRN View Post

i hear ya. my e30 has really made me like bmw. but the way that it is in its just to much work.

plus the mpg's it gets are horrible. i fully realize it is supposed to be better but for a POS like it is i dont want to throw money at it.
                            visit vgruk

Comment

Well a $300 BMW is significantly different from a $2000. People cringe when I say I got mine for $1000. But yeah, I get you. Project BMWs are only fun if that is not your only car.
                              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Working...
                              X