Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

no brake lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no brake lights

o.k. so here's the deal. i now have no brake lights, just happened. all the bulbs are good and they worked earlier today. i replaced the v.s.s. to cure the speedometer ailment. also changed the gauge clusterboth of which should have no affect on the brake lights. so i'm stumped. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks 00rx7.

Maybe a relay or something like this
    Last edited by WhiteShift; 05-05-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

which relay controls the brake lights?

Comment

o.k. now i have checked all the fuses and all are good. also replaced the brake light switch on top of pedal. still nothing........ nothing at all. tail-lights work fine and car starts and goes into gear fine. please help, mabye something i missed or do not know about. just got a h22 was hoping to put in in a couple weeks. no sense in doing that till i have brake lights. please help Obi-Wan you are my only hope. lol thanks , 00rx7

Comment

measure the voltage of the brake light socket and see if it get any power

check your fuse under the dash also

Comment

no voltage at brake lights. and all the fuses are good. tail lights work as well as turn signals.

Comment

change the bulbs any way...also does the 3rd brake light work..in the rear window or spolier?

my new turbo build

Comment

the bulbs are brand new and _ALL_ the brake lights worked until yesterday. and i also replaced the brake light switch that is on the top of the brake pedal. i have voltage to the tail-lights but not the brake-lights?....?.....?

Comment

Originally posted by 00rx7 View Post
                  the bulbs are brand new and _ALL_ the brake lights worked until yesterday. and i also replaced the brake light switch that is on the top of the brake pedal. i have voltage to the tail-lights but not the brake-lights?....?.....?
                  change the brakelight balests that are attached to the tail lights..ones brown and the other is black

my new turbo build

Comment

i have altezza tails. i believe the balests were removed with the oem tails

Comment

well thanks guys, it turned out to be the balests afterall. kind of wierd considering i have had the altezzas in and working fine with out the balests for about 3 weeks, then suddenly " they just said no "

Comment

It's a sign.

Go back to OEMs.

Originally posted by chessboxer
                        We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                        Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Working...
                        X