No announcement yet.

ODB CB7 J-swap/Shave and Tuck Pix Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well finally got moving on this thing again, now that the car is moved to the new shop. Ill let the pics do the talking.

First things first. Mount the trans to the block and disassemble the front end of the car.

Next mount the new aftermarket front subframe. This was mainly done for clearance purposes. As you can see its a major difference in size between the two.

Then hang the engine and pull it right back out and mark the rear subframe for notching. Here is a pic of it cut out and re welded.

Now that the frame is notched the engine sits on there wonderfully. Next the axles will get installed and the wheels will go back on and the the entire setup will be lowered down to check oil plan clearances, axle angle and trans placement. Untill next time......

Last edited by 91b20ed; 06-24-2012, 11:06 PM.
    ODBWeldingWerks
    Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Also here is a couple pics of the new shop. As you can see I am very busy

ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

It's awesome to see progress on this project. Thanks for the updates.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thank you! Everything should move along pretty quick now. Just waiting on the right, rear mount from Hasport and we will be good to get her mounted. Once its mounted the man himself Xavier Ortiz(owner of Wire-Worx) will be coming to the shop from Orlando to Make his milspec harness. Once that is done, Ill finish the shave and it goes to paint.
          ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
            I'm just gonna leave this here...

(from this month's Honda Tuning!)
            Thanks babe!
            ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

congrats on the new shop, looks very nice/professional. Keep up the good work, glad to see so many cars in the shop as well as the variety too. Mad props to you for doing what you do!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Sir how many years you've been doing this kinda stuff, what was ur first swap u evr did?
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                  congrats on the new shop, looks very nice/professional. Keep up the good work, glad to see so many cars in the shop as well as the variety too. Mad props to you for doing what you do!
                  Thanx man. i really appreciate that.

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                  Sir how many years you've been doing this kinda stuff, what was ur first swap u evr did?
                  Dad started teaching me how to weld around 15 plus i went to school for it for a while. Worked at several Fab shops. Also spent a couple years at Coggin Honda(local dealer), and several more wrenching and managing tire stores. Started modding cars about 97. Started with an Olds then a Camaro with a 400ci sb next an 89 Stang with a 331 stroker. Got my first Honda in 1999. My first swap was a d15b in my 94 CX hatch. Ive owned 6 civics and 2 integras. Put different swaps in just about all of them. Turbo, nitrous and n/a setups.
                  ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

I am so subbing to this thread.. OMGsh

"Cleft"
                    Rolling vid>> Click Here

Comment

ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

Made some more progress. Got the axle situation worked out. Ended up having to make a custom axle for the driver side. The Accord/CL/TL driver side axle was way to long. So now the axles are installed and the car is on the ground. Spent alot of time figuring header, alternator, oil pan and radiator clearances. Once all of those things are figured and tolerances are established its now time for making motor mount bracket templates. Got the passenger side engine mount bracket templates made today. Next the engine and axles will come back out and I will do some modifacation to the frame rail. (This will mainly be for appearance reasons) Heres a pic of how she sits now. Ill get back on it this weekend and post more progress. Thanx for watching.

ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

This is sick bro keep up the good work

Comment

Thank you.
                            ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

WOW. Why can't they make kits for J's for our Accords. Seems like all the civics and tegs get all the attention. I wish you lived near me haha i would totally want some work done to my whip! Keep up the good work bro!

Rip It Up
                              Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

More progress on the CB. Bear in mind that its far from done so keep design comments at a hault untill we finish that side completely. Also had to cut the driver side mount out completely. Went with a new plan and design on the engine mounts. More to come very soon.

ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

Working...
                                X