No announcement yet.

ODB CB7 J-swap/Shave and Tuck Pix Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you prevent rust on the metal you cover? Or is it a non-issue?

Comment

Its really non issue. Theres places all over every car that are this way from the factory. As long as no moisture can get in there its good.
      ODBWeldingWerks
      Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Deff looking forward to seeing this in person!!!!

The KI webpage isn't working was a forum at one point?
        The CB7 Collector.
        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Got alot more work done. The basic portion of the passenger side engine mount is complete. Theres still some more work that needs to go into it to make it stronger and look better but this is the basic concept. We decided to make this mount bolt-in since its so tall and will seriously be in the way during engine install. The bracket is very easy to install and all the hardware is easily accessable. Also got the driver side area cleaned up and started coming up with a design for that side. The front frame rail is fullt boxed now as well. More to come soon.

Last edited by 91b20ed; 07-10-2012, 12:35 AM.
          ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

For what it's worth, it may help to take a look at this J32 swap into a CD7 chassis. The individual who did the work is a good friend of mine and was able to do it without having to cut up the hood.
            | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Originally posted by scanlessfool View Post
              For what it's worth, it may help to take a look at this J32 swap into a CD7 chassis. The individual who did the work is a good friend of mine and was able to do it without having to cut up the hood.
              Thank you but Ive seen that one. 5th gen is quite a bit different believe or not and the customer wanted the best axle angle and oil pan clearance possible. He actually likes that it sticks out of the hood. Wants to supercharge in the future. This definitely a one-off setup. Again, thanks for the info.
              ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

Thank you for the friendly response
                | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                  Heck ya, Babe!
                  I'm glad Ben is letting you do a thread on the process! This is going to be VERY useful to a lot of members.

Hopefully I can get penciled in- after Ben, Brian, Joey, and Yourself!

hahahahahhaha

I'm playin'.
                  But not really.
                  :P
                  And then me!!!! I need become a perma FL person lol
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

i had no idea this would be the result of me handing over my CB to Ben last year.!! lol..

keep up the good work

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

posted this on my fl accord page for others to use as inspiration..def. gets me excited to see the finish product!

Lou's Build Thread!
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                      "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

I am wondering now...would there be semi-mass production of those mounts for cb7 members exclusively? I am seriously considering doing this myself. I love the J series and the power that is produced by them.

Just wish that the Accords weren't so neglected and had all the parts civics/tegs etc. etc have :/

Again keep it up!!

Rip It Up
                        Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately this setup is completely one-off so we will not be making a bracket kit. If I was to do another one, that may be possible. Any takers? lol Thanx for all the love. More to come by the weekend.
                          ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

Throughout the week alot of things have gotten done. The mount brackets are all basically done. Should have everything buttoned up by tomorrow, the trans bracket still need strengthening and there still a bit of welding to do. The only thing that will be left after that is modify the trans bracket for strength. The guy in the picture is David. He is responsible for a large portion of the engineering and fabrication involved in this project. Once the engine is completely mounted Xavier Ortiz from Wire-Worx will be driving up to mockup his harness. After that I will continue with the shave and tuck work. On for pics.

ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

Engine is fully installed. Now she sits untill the man himself Xavier Ortiz from Wire-worx comes to mock up the milspec harness. Now for pics. Enjoy.

ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

That's bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X