back from the dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back from the dead

after 2.5 years with no cb7 I miss that damn thing so much! I do absolutely love my supra though, which I got ride of my cb7 for, so that makes up some fun. I just don't get the same feeling of the accord, the smooth yet still sporty feel of everything in there! I'm officially looking for another one but I'm thinking a wagon this time, nothing special, just a nicely modded, clean wagon.

That's my old lx right before I sold it, and heres my supra currently.

Interesting that I've heard so many people say this over the years. I've seen folks with BMWs, new accords, and now a Supra, all miss the CB7. Seems crazy. I know when I went from a 92 exr cb7 to a 2000 accord it was night and day. The 92 EXR was sporty, fun, peppy...... felt at home. The 2000 accord, well....... i call it the granny mobile and felt like i was sitting at a kitchen table, the shifter felt tall and everything was so bla (handling, pickup, etc.)

Comment

I had a 2002 Accord SE that was just awful compared to my CB7! I sent that car packing with my ex, and I don't miss either of them!

I don't know if I'll ever get another CB, but if I do, I think I'd like to restore one. Other than an H22A swap to put it on a reasonable level of performance with today's cars, I'd want it 100% stock. My interpretation of how a CB7 should've rolled off the line in the first place!

Comment

I have to say, I plan on keeping mine, and If anything happens to it I'll be looking for another shell to swap the parts too.
        CB7TUNER.com
        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Interesting that I've heard so many people say this over the years. I've seen folks with BMWs, new accords, and now a Supra, all miss the CB7. Seems crazy. I know when I went from a 92 exr cb7 to a 2000 accord it was night and day. The 92 EXR was sporty, fun, peppy...... felt at home. The 2000 accord, well....... i call it the granny mobile and felt like i was sitting at a kitchen table, the shifter felt tall and everything was so bla (handling, pickup, etc.)
          it's amazing how comfortable they are. And honestly I had more fun in the accord than I ever have in the supra(mainly because I've blown 2 motors in a year). I can't wait to be back in one

Comment

Find yourself a rust free one this time to save you the trouble of replacing quarters again. Ruby is still hanging in there. How far you willing to travel? I'll keep my eyes open. My late wife and I had a 85 GTS, would have rather had the Supra.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

My plan was to find a rust free one from down south and drive it back home. I want a 5 speed cb9, color doesn't really matter because I want to do a pearl white color in the future anyhow. H22 is a must and that's pretty much it besides coil overs and wheels.

Comment

I'll be headed to Pensacola, FL Jan. 23; probably back on Jan. 25. If you see anything on craigslist between there and Cincinnati (down I-71 to Louisville, then I-65 almost all the way down), let me know and I can take a look at it for you.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Awesome man I will definitely be looking!

Comment

Welcome back

Ill be selling my CB9 about April time or before/after. Have a 2002 Accord EX Sedan now.
                    Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      I had a 2002 Accord SE that was just awful compared to my CB7! I sent that car packing with my ex, and I don't miss either of them!

I don't know if I'll ever get another CB, but if I do, I think I'd like to restore one. Other than an H22A swap to put it on a reasonable level of performance with today's cars, I'd want it 100% stock. My interpretation of how a CB7 should've rolled off the line in the first place!
                      Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                      it's amazing how comfortable they are. And honestly I had more fun in the accord than I ever have in the supra(mainly because I've blown 2 motors in a year). I can't wait to be back in one
                      Originally posted by jst_4_kiks View Post
                      Welcome back

Ill be selling my CB9 about April time or before/after. Have a 2002 Accord EX Sedan now.
                      you sure you wanna sell your cb9?
                      CB7TUNER.com
                      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Yeah, i also miss my CB7. I last saw it up for sale 2 yrs ago... :/ Well, life goes on..

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
                        For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchaccord View Post
                          Yeah, i also miss my CB7. I last saw it up for sale 2 yrs ago... :/ Well, life goes on..
                          I'm amazed it's still around! Most of the oldschool CBs have been sold and resold to the point that they're run into the ground!

What are you driving now?

Comment

Hey deev!

In europe cb's ar hard to find and they have never been sold much.
                            Most of them wind up in Africa as they are relyable and easy to fix.

Nowerdays im driving an audi s6 c5, great but heavy car (lpg conversion) we also have a audi 5000 avant turbo quattro beater.
                            I would love to start a project again but life caught up and ineed to be focussing on building my company. I have a really nice shop with a lift and all the goodies . Just no time.

It would be great to catch up some time (whatsapp or skype) whats keeping you busy nowadays?

-stefan

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
                            For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

I know the feeling! I'm definitely keeping busy, and sadly I don't have much time for projects at the moment either.
                              I'm getting married in May, and started grad school last Fall. The CB7 got totaled by an idiot driving the wrong way down my one-way street (it had been parked for years where it was... it was finally going to be back on the road this Spring!) My fiancee's 03 Mini Cooper S was totaled as well (she cried for a week.) We used the insurance money from both cars to buy a new CR-Z, which is actually a lot of fun, even though it's absolutely worthless as a hybrid or a sports car. I hope to trade my 390,000 mile 2009 Fit for a 94-97 Miata. So far, no luck.

We'll definitely have to catch up. I have whatsapp, though I haven't used it for a long time. I'll need to remember my login info!

Comment

Working...
                              X