No announcement yet.

Macaqueistrong Project Prelude BA8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things continue to get more complicated....

IMG_0573 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

IMG_0583 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

IMG_1091 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

IMG_1824 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

IMG_1881 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

IMG_1880 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

Comment

Started the steering wheel swap.

IMG_5882 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

VIS Invader hood installed

IMG_5880 by Elite Foto, on Flickr

Cell phone picture FTW!

Got some awesome pieces from Shayspec.

Comment

I have a few pictures of my gutted interior and a couple shots from a local meet that I attended this past weekend.

Comment

#1360, right side is my time.

Going to update with a few photos.

First one is from IFO Woodburn, first to last run is left to right (left lane is me). First 3 runs I didn't launch off the line, just rolled out on the last orange. Fourth run I launched at 3k but realized I could have launched another 500 to 1k rpm higher. I do have plans to make the single cam faster but it isn't bad with stock injectors, no tune, and 300k motor.

I also got a hold of some dimple die cut gusseting for an interior project that I'm going to do this coming winter.

I ended up washing the car today, black is such a pain in the ass and very time consuming to keep it spotless, especially with unfiltered, untreated hard water. Either way I figured I might as well take a few shots of it while it was clean.

Comment

A friend of mine bought an apr carbon splitter and ended up cutting a few sections off to match the bumper shape, so another friend of mine talked me into trying to make a set of canards for the prelude using the leftover cut pieces of splitter.

Made this cardboard version of what I thought would create good airflow and what would look nice on the car. I've actually already finished up the final version and have them mounted on the car already, I'll upload those pictures later tonight.

Here are the photos of the finished carbon canards. At first I thought the canards were gonna be straight since it came from a single piece of splitter, but my friend left the carbon pieces in the sun for about a month and over that time the carbon curled and warped giving it a damn near perfect curve for a canard.

I spent a lot of time looking at the car and trying to imagine what would direct air the best, aero has been described as a black art being that you pretty much have no idea what will work best until you try it and hard to really see the effects it created without a windtunnel. All in all though I'm confident they are doing what I wanted them to do and am very happy with the overall look and subtlety.

Comment

Removed the sound deadening material with dry ice. It worked pretty well, but I used a 10 lb. steel hammer that broke the material fast, and also left some pretty decent dents in the floor. Now I understand why the other forums insisted on using a rubber mallet.

Removed more useless weight from the BA8. Who needs air ducts, heater core, blower motor, or firewall blanket anyway?!?

In case you wanted to know what a 4.64 final drive in a M2A4 tops out at.

Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 01-13-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Video of me at an autocross event this past summer.

http://youtu.be/-MS7dNV_Oms

Comment

Yes!
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I have been waiting for this update for a long time

Comment

I honestly never updated this thread because it seemed like nobody really viewed it. It's nice to see you guys appreciate what I've been up to. Thanks!

Comment

Those are the best types of threads! The poster just goes about their business by posting all of the awesome things they do to their car. Then we get to live vicariously through them.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Wowza, definitely a great thread to read through! I dare not ask how many tens of thousands you are invested in this project.

Our interior plans are quite similar: delete anything not needed. I still have to remove the sound deadening material.

I have to ask what your plans for the block are now that I saw those rods.

Also, I think you should be good for mid to low 15's at the track at very least with that transmission and the traction bar setup. Invest in some Mickey Thompson or Nitto drag radials and lightweight wheels to mount them on. That should get those 60 foots down and have you blowing past my 15.7s.

Great work!
                          Last edited by af_1132; 01-14-2015, 07:18 AM.
                          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Current F22A plans are:

OEM H22A1 345cc injectors
                            Delta 272 regrind
                            Bisi cam gear
                            Hondata S300 V3
                            Kaizenspeed Tune

^^^^That is for summer 2015

Eventual F22A plans are:

Bisi forged "long" rods
                            Arias 86mm 10.5:1 pistons
                            Bisi Level 2 or 3 n/a cam
                            Excessive Custom F22A Intake manifold
                            Figuring a 68mm throttle body
                            Ported head and +1mm intake valves and exhaust valves
                            Bisi titanium valve springs
                            RDX Injectors
                            KS balance shaft delete
                            ATI Dampner
                            H22A4 aluminum baffled oil pan
                            Custom Speedfactory or ADengineering hood exit header.

Don't really have any hp # goals in mind at all, just want a solid powerplant.

I know throwing on some slicks and a set of lightweight wheels will help my 60 but I honestly could care less about my 1/4 times now. I have soley dedicated the prelude to road course and autocross. I've done autocross all last summer and loved it, road course this coming summer, and spirited driving canyon roads every chance I can get.

Comment

I'll reply to your pm in just a second.

Who is Excessive Custom? A Google search didn't yield any results.

Also, this may be my favorite Prelude build on the planet. Your signature picture is gorgeous. Blake Barr and Shawn Roskilly have stellar builds that are leaps and bounds ahead in the performance segment, but theirs don't look as good in pictures. Yours was the unconventional choice, given that it was an S, and you've done nothing but maintain a quality overtone to everything that goes into this car. I also fully support any car build that approaches suspension and brakes before performance. Keep up the fantastic work and don't get down when we don't comment that often. It's only because we're left speechless.

Comment

http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/onlinestore.html

I meant a custom F22A intake manifold from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X