CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 08-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
ghowell6
CB7tuner Member

ghowell6 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to ghowell6
Question Odd Transmission light behavior.

Hey everyone
My '91 SE threw a transmission light when I was driving down the highway tonight, so when I pulled in the driveway, I shut it off and followed the procedure to check the light. I should note that the transmission was behaving normally, with no difference in quality or speed of shifts since I previously drove the car, which has been a couple days ago. Instead of a paperclip, I found a 2 pin connector and just twisted the wires together to short it. The S light stayed solid, and did not flash at all. The light went out after pushing the sports switch in and out a couple times and remained off after I turned it off, removed the connector and started the car, driving it around the block. Since it did not flash any codes, could the sports switch be broken? Upon restarting the car after removing the connector, I should add that the CEL and TCU lights lit up for their normal two seconds and then shut off per normal operation. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_dude View Post
If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, you activate the after burner full throttle. Lol. Then when you press it, boom, fast as the T-Mobile data plan chic.
ghowell6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
Bad_dude
CB7tuner Member

Bad_dude seems to have made some friends! Bad_dude seems to have made some friends!
Cool

Clean the S button and the area around it. You might have goo stuff that makes the button stuck and engage.
Bad_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
ghowell6
CB7tuner Member

ghowell6 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to ghowell6
I drove it again today and the S light hasn't come on again. I'll take apart the shift selector and look at the switch- It's entirely possible that it is gummed up. Perhaps put some lithium grease or something like that on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_dude View Post
If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, you activate the after burner full throttle. Lol. Then when you press it, boom, fast as the T-Mobile data plan chic.
ghowell6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cel , light , solid , sports , transmission

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: