CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 08-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
tomkurtziv
Newcomer

tomkurtziv is cool... so far.
rubbing/ vibration while accelerating at 2100rpms

Hi guys. I've been having this rubbing noise and vibration while I'm accelerating. The noise starts at 2000rpms and when i get to about 2100 to 2200 I get a really bad clunking in the passenger side floor and I feel it really good in my pedal. After about 2400 the knocking sound goes away and it just the vibration and it smooths out at 3 and drives fine. I noticed it's the worst when I'm turning to the right and accelerating. It all started after I replaced my front torque mount. I replaced my passenger cv axel, thinking it was the culprit. All my ball joints/ tie rod ends are all good. No play in any of them nor in the wheel bearing. I'm sure my rear motor mount is bad. But would this make a difference at the same rpms every time? I've done a little research and have a hunch that it might be the differential bearings in the transmission. Note: I do have play where the cv axel goes into the transmission. I had it before I replaced the cv and I still have it now. The axel is all the way in. I used a dead blow to make sure. Thanks ahead of time guys. This is my daily so I'm trying to diagnose it as soon as possible.
tomkurtziv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2100rpms , differential , manual , rubbing , transmission

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: