CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 03-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
Truballer328
Newcomer

Truballer328 is cool... so far.
Oil leaking??????

Hey, I have a oil leak coming from somewhere in between the pulley, looks like half way up .... Has anybody perform changing any of these seals?

Or what are all the seals that are along the timing pulleys, and is it possible to do it with the motor still in?
Truballer328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
It would be easier to help you if you could pinpoint the exact location of the leak.

Take a look on hondaautomotiveparts.com for the seals, and diagrams showing how everything goes together. The diagrams should help you figure out what it is that needs to be replaced, and that site has very good prices for anything you need.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
Truballer328
Newcomer

Truballer328 is cool... so far.
Thanks. I'm heading to work now I will post pics by tomm. .... Thanks to tishocks also, I replaced valve cover gasket, and lower tube seals... Since I've had it it hasn't had any overheating problems. Everything seems to run pretty good for its age. It's a 90 accord dx with 168,000 on it.

When I removed the gasket it was like it was never changed seems like like everything is bone stock original in it. I do appreciate all the inputs.
Truballer328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
You might want to head over to www.helminc.com for a manual, too. They have the official Honda factory manual, and it's SO easy to follow. They run about $80, but they're infinitely better than any cheap $20 Haynes or Chiltons junk. Also way better than any internet walkthrough.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak , leaks , oil , pulleys , timing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: