CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Audio/Electronics

Old 05-08-2017, 02:02 AM   #1
white92frankn
CB7tuner Member

white92frankn is cool... so far.
Double din head unit

Hello guys, quick question, I'm planning on purchasing a double din head unit but unsure of what additional hardware I may need. Thanks for your input
white92frankn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:23 AM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
As long as you get one that is an appropriate size (should be standard), you will only need a cage capable of supporting it. Something like this would probably do the trick (though I've always only used metal.)

Also, if you still have your factory wiring harness intact, leave it that way. Buy or build a conversion harness rather than hacking up your stock wiring. Avoid cutting stock wires whenever possible! The harness in that auction should be sufficient. You just splice the wires to the new radio and plug it into the factory harness.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:10 AM   #3
Mike1357
CB7tuner Member

Mike1357 is cool... so far.
I picked up my install kit from Sonic Electronics a while back. Some kits are only made for either single din or double din, and there are others that are made for both. Just something to keep in mind when ordering. I have had about 3 double din radios in my car now with that same install kit (Metra I think?) and I have no complaints. Like Deev mentioned, I would also suggest getting that wiring adapter (pigtail) to make it a more clean installation and leave the stock wiring unmolested. Plus the wiring adapters make it super easy to run your amp wires in the future (depending on your setup).
Old 05-12-2017, 03:01 AM   #4
white92frankn
CB7tuner Member

white92frankn is cool... so far.
Cool thanks for the reference guys!! Appreciate it!!!
white92frankn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: