Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rookie question about a swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rookie question about a swap

I have a 94 honda accord im going to be doing a motor swap in it soon I already know about the H22 but i was curious if there was a larger motor that will fit in the accord if somone could let me know that would be great

larger, meaning something bigger than 2.2 liters? only things bigger are the F23 and H23, they are 2.3L but put out lower numbers than the h22...

only way to get something bigger is go custom, youd have to make custom mounts and do whatever necessary to get everything else hooked up and working. which is completely pointless IMO, since H22s are pretty stout, fun little motors, and for the price you cant really beat it, since they drop straight in with very little modifications.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ive been going back and forth with myself on weather or not to get a new car but my friend who is extremly into hondas convinced me that i should just do the swap on my accord rather then spend the $10,000 on another car im jsut trying to figure out which is the best possible way for me to get the most hp out of my accord

Comment

Well ive been told that myself why dont i seel the car and oh its an old car i can get a newer one with less problems. That comment is very bias just because you get a newer car doesnt mean itll last forever or have less problems ontop of that cheaper insurance.

That shit is a nono. cpmike and myself and many other members on this board have come across that situation. Some of us decided to swap our motors others decided to go boost to get around and at the same time have fun with our cars. I find it easier less hassle to know more about this car which is fun to drive than others. I sleep easier knowing that my car will start in the morning and if theres a problem with it its easier to diagnose and i wont have to go to the mechanic and you know how much they love to rip and make you wait weeks on end like they are gods gift to cars . So instead we do it ourselves .

Comment

i see what your saying i love to drive my accord thats why ive decided to keep it and do the swap on it the stock motors tired and not the most powerful im just trying to see what the most hp i can get out of the accord if i do the motor swap its rather hard to keep up with my friends 350z

Comment

Originally posted by (94AccordDX)
            i see what your saying i love to drive my accord thats why ive decided to keep it and do the swap on it the stock motors tired and not the most powerful im just trying to see what the most hp i can get out of the accord if i do the motor swap its rather hard to keep up with my friends 350z
            you can get a h22 and juice it and hell be trying to keep up with you with just a 50 shot wet youll be dead even 65 and above with some good traction on the line youll rape him 75 he can just kiss your ass. If you decide to go boost 250whp and youll give him the corporate rapings on some no listening to him shit as he begs for mercy.

Comment

Dont forget the usual weight reduction take out the spare,jack,p/s,a/c,cruise control,rear seats, and get racing seats,take off the brackets and the a/c compressor and condensor including the lines and youll bet happy then a nice 50 shot or more dont go crazy and do a 100 shit jus tmake sure its between 55-75wet give it a tune up back down the timing before you juice with step 2 colder plugs and your set dont forget to upgrade your fuel system with a 255 walhboro fuel pump and a billet fpr.

Comment

Beginner H22

I just bought a 1991 Honda Accord LX. It is a 5 speed and has the original F22A1 in it, and no other modifications. The only thing I have heard about the CB7 is that with the H22 in it, it will become a racing machine. I am saving for the H22, but I havent been able to find anything on how to put it in and what to look for, whats wrong, etc. Thanks.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

K24!!! lol or stroke up the h22 to 2.44L like 2point6,

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

H22 the way to go. all you need to do take the old motor out put the H in every thing the sam use the accord wire harness get the vtec and oil pres. switches off H harness and a chipped p28 and your set
                    U dont work U dont eat
                    U dont grind Udont shine
                    1st car 90 CB7 lx auto coupe
                    present car 90 CB7 ex clutch coupe
                    1st motor f22a1 2nd motor f22a4 present motor JDM H22a with m2b4 trans

Comment

Originally posted by dan21
                      H22 the way to go. all you need to do take the old motor out put the H in every thing the sam use the accord wire harness get the vtec and oil pres. switches off H harness and a chipped p28 and your set
                      chipped and tuned p28 you mean along with a new racing clutch and flywheel depending on your application while the motor is out before you swap

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                        K24!!! lol or stroke up the h22 to 2.44L like 2point6,
                        the k is so damn overpriced.

Comment

If you got the money that aint gonna stop you from buying one =D. I wouldnt mind a k24/k20 frank runnin K pro that car would haul ass as is. I sense a project comin up for myself if I can find a wrecked car with k24 block and head =D.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thats what i ment. know of any tune shops in jersey
                            U dont work U dont eat
                            U dont grind Udont shine
                            1st car 90 CB7 lx auto coupe
                            present car 90 CB7 ex clutch coupe
                            1st motor f22a1 2nd motor f22a4 present motor JDM H22a with m2b4 trans

Comment

Haha, yeah man. I was talking to my Cousin (worked at Hasport until they stopped doing swaps), and he said I should be unique, and swap in a K20R instead of an H22. Hella lot of money, but it would be fun. Lot's of work too! Transmission is in front of the driver, instead of the passenger. Fun!
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X