Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 Accord Oil Pressure Gauge/Oil Cooler Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Accord Oil Pressure Gauge/Oil Cooler Issues

Hey everyone this is my first post so hope it's a good one. So I got a H22 swap in my 92 accord and just got a oil pressure gauge with a sandwich for the sender. When trying to install the sandwich I noticed that I have an Oil Cooler attached so now I can't add the sandwich , plus it's dam hard to get an oil filter on because of clearance! So looks like I'm gonna have to remove the oil cooler to get the gauge on. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way around this so that I can have both because cooler oil is better and I need the gauge too! Thanx in advance!

"Live While You Live & Just Be Happy"

you dont have to have the oil cooler on there. If you are going to remove it i would suggest doing it the right way and having the coolant nipples on the rear coolant pipe welded rather than plugging them.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Can't you just add the adaptor on top of the cooler?

Comment

EJX: I can't add the adapter on top of the cooler there's no clearence it's just not gonna happen, maybe if they made a REALLY small filter somewhere i could do it but it'd have to be really small.
        Turbo: I think that sounds like the best idea so far, I know I don't need the oil cooler but nice to have.

Comment

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Comment

thats strange cause when i put mine on it was perfect....just bulky

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by jazzmasterx View Post
              Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

1. Have a 2ft hydrolic hose made with 1/8" NPT connectors on the end.
              2. Goto home depot & purchase a brass T-connector
              3. Remove the oem oil pressure sender under the intake manifold
              4. Thread the OEM sender, the aftermarket sender, and the hydrolic hose to the t-connector
              5. Thread the other end of the Hydrolic Hose into the factory sender location
              6. Mount the T-Connector preferably somewhere on the block.
              7. Connect the sender wires for the OEM & Aftermarket gauges

Last edited by cloudasc; 03-21-2010, 05:27 PM.
              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Holey crap Cloudasc this is amazing I assume you've done this before from the pics and the description? I think this might totally work but I've decided to just take the Oil cooler off all together because for what ever reason it's still a pain in the azz to get an oil filter on and I'd rather not deal with that. Thanks guys.

jmolina: How come yours just fits on? Cuz from the instructions clousdasc gave, I might not be the only one with this prob.

Comment

just go to glowshift and get the cooler instead of the adapter.

I did remove mine and just got the oil bolt off a F22.
                  It is smaller and not spaced out for the cooler, then I added my sandwich adapter.

good luck. is your oil press mechanical or electronic?
                  I am going with electronic since you said "sender"!
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

Holey crap Cloudasc this is amazing I assume you've done this before from the pics and the description? I think this might totally work but I've decided to just take the Oil cooler off all together because for what ever reason it's still a pain in the azz to get an oil filter on and I'd rather not deal with that. Thanks guys.

jmolina: How come yours just fits on? Cuz from the instructions clousdasc gave, I might not be the only one with this prob.
                    Yep, i've done it before, those are my personal pictures from when I installed my guages into my car. I never tried using a sandwhich adapter, as I heard plenty of bad things about them (leaking... or worse). Thats why I went with this setup. Plus I have oil pressure, oil temp, secondary coolant temp (gauge with numbers), and a voltage gauge. I also chose electric gauges because I didn't want hot coolant or oil routed into the cabin of the vehicle. (Can you say instant second or third degree burns?)

For the coolant and oil temperature senders, I had the block drain plugs tapped for 1/8" npt senders... that look like this:

Oil drain plug is located below the filter. Coolant drain plug is located to the right of the oil filter.

Last edited by cloudasc; 03-22-2010, 10:48 AM.

Comment

yeah drummersteve7 i have electric, oil in the car... I don't think so. Also when you say you got the oil bolt off an f22 did you mean for the filter?

Comment

Cloudasc I'm so tempted to try your method. I'll look at my options today and see what I can do Thanks! Oh btw how long have you had this setup for?
                        Last edited by jazzmasterx; 03-22-2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Cloudasc I'm so tempted to try your method. I'll look at my options today and see what I can do Thanks! Oh btw how long have you had this setup for?
                          I've had this setup for 9 months so far, but only have put 8k (3 months) miles on it with it installed (due to me parking the car over some dam wristpin knock). Absolutely no problems whatsoever. I used hydrolic hose because its about the only thing that I would trust to have hot oil running through at up to 80psi, the hose is way overkill for the application. As for heat resistance, any fluid you compress to 400 bar is going to be hot as hell, so 80psi with 220*F oil running through it is like nothing to it.
                          Last edited by cloudasc; 03-22-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Sweet thanks for the info cloudasc!

Comment

Update: So I ended up having to take the cooler off and put a new fitting on like drummersteve7 sandwich fits now and I can put an oil filter on w/o having to try to find someway to make it fit! Still haven't hooked up the gauge yet I might do that tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X