CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Old 10-23-2019, 07:59 PM   #81
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
The oil leak is drastically reduced. Now it just needs a front main, balance shaft and cam seal to not leak oil.

Tomorrow it's going to get the exhaust installed. Anxious to see how the Vibrant streetpower muffler looks.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:19 PM   #82
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Front suspension components this weekend.

Accord gets a name. Cheap Bastard.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-26-2019 at 07:42 PM.
H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:39 AM   #83
H311RA151N
Silver Member

I have a set of 2G GST wheels from my '90 Talon. They are 5x114.3 so I want to do a 5 lug conversion on this. Might as well use them. Wanted to see if anyone had used GST wheels on a CB7 to see how it would look.

These are the wheels in Google images.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2g+g...dvzJtz6iI3GjmM

With 16's I'm also wondering what the correct tire size would be. Probably stock to the 2G GST is my assumption.

Looking into it. Any input or advice welcome.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:18 PM   #84
H311RA151N
Silver Member

So the tire size is 205/55R16 for the GST eclipse. That's what I'm pretty sure I'm going to run. Oddly I never noticed that my 2G TSi AWD (same as Eclipse GSX) had 17s while the fwd TSi and GST had 16's. Never the less the abformentioned tire size is what I think I'm going to go with.

As for the rear 5 lug conversion, I have read that I need the following components.

97 Odyssey rear hub/bearing assembly.
97 Integra Type R rear rotors.
OEM 90305-S30-003 axle nuts.

Pretty affordable as I priced everything at $152.00 from RockAuto and Amazon.

As for the front:

97 Odyssey wheel bearings
97 Odyssey hubs
97 Odyssey front rotors
97 Odyssey front calipers
97 Odyssey front caliper rails/ brackets
97 Odyssey knuckles with dust shields.

If I found complete knuckles from the corresponding Honda Odyssey then I would have everything I presume.

I've never contemplated doing this before. However I have the wheels in my possession and they would look better than the very unappealing factory wheels.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #85
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
I used 97 prelude rear hubs for my five lug conversion for the rear. And the front is direct swap from the odyssey like you said. I found complete knuckle assemblies at the JY for $50 for both sides.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:32 PM   #86
H311RA151N
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
I used 97 prelude rear hubs for my five lug conversion for the rear. And the front is direct swap from the odyssey like you said. I found complete knuckle assemblies at the JY for $50 for both sides.
Good info! Thank you!

I will source some complete Odyssey knuckles.

Any reason why you chose Lude rear hubs?
Old 11-22-2019, 11:39 PM   #87
H311RA151N
Silver Member

I noticed an odd smell today on my way home from work. I got home and had coolant pouring out from under the car AGAIN. This thing has had 3 or 4 coolant hose leaks in the past year. Once again it was on the back side of the block. The top oil cooler hose had a hole in it. Luckily I had a new OEM replacement in my parts storage. I replaced the hose and refilled with coolant. Not leaking a drop, once again. The other oil cooler hose is old also and I assume it too will fail soon. It's easier to get to but I didn't have time.

Other than that this car gets me to work like a champ every day. It's such a good car. I'm saving money over the winter to go at it again in the spring.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:45 PM   #88
H311RA151N
Silver Member

I'm getting ready to get back after it. I wanted to get better camera equipment and will be placing the orders next week. It took me a bit to save up.

Also, I've been preparing for fixing the A/C. Someone put R134A in it. Probably why it doesn't work. I'm going back with R12. I purchased just under 30 ounces of virgin R12 for $130. 608 universal & 609 MVAC was super nice to have. I can't wait for ice cold A/C this summer.

I'm acquiring the following:

Denso A/C compressor with clutch.
Denso receiver drier.
Cap and core kit.
O ring kit.
And a Denso condenser.

I already have a 3cfm pump, gauges, scale etc.

I plan on doing the A/C as soon as I get timing belt and water pump done. I have two weeks until I get 9 days off. I hope to get the timing belt and a/c done in 3 8 hour days in the garage. Filming included so be watching for new videos on my channel.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:53 PM   #89
H311RA151N
Silver Member

R12 is just about $5 an ounce if anyone was wondering.

I sourced a pressure switch. Santech makes one. I don't know if mine is bad but I'm only doing this once. I will ohm both out and post here.

I have ester with dye and ester without. So I can lube o rings and not cause a false positive for a leak when checking with a uv light.

I purchased a new Denso expansion valve. Again, I don't know if mine is bad but I'm only doing this once. I will test the current one but will still be using the new one.

I have Nylog Red. It's for CFC refrigerants. I don't recall any fittings needing sealant however I figured it would be best to have some on hand. If Honda didn't use it I'm going to try not to either.

The Denso drier showed up with a cap not properly sealed. So RockAuto should be sending me another one. Just in case they screw around (RockAuto has been great except when they make a mistake or sell a faulty part) I purchased a third Denso drier from Amazon.

I am going to attempt to remove the condenser, both high pressure and suction hoses and the evaporator then flush the lines on the car with the Supercool flush gun kit.

I'm also planning to uninstall the R134A fittings as I didn't install them and use the factory service ports.

I have literally everything now. And everything I might need even. I'd rather not need it and have it then not have it and need it.

Before I tackle the A/C I will be installing a new timing belt, water pump, front crank seal, balance shaft Belt, tensioners, cam seal etc.

I will be starting a week from Monday. Also I have a ton of new camera equipment. I have been waiting for it to warm up so I can get back in the garage. And the vacation time to do it.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:35 PM   #90
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
You have the retainer for the balance shaft seal? This is good insurance against a possible oil loss event.

LOTS of CB7 parts - ENTIRE COLLECTION - FREE
Come and get it.
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:09 PM   #91
H311RA151N
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
You have the retainer for the balance shaft seal? This is good insurance against a possible oil loss event.
Sure do. I expect to see one on there but I bought one just incase. The Dorman one from RA. It has the seal and I think the dipstick o ring too. But I think I have an SFK seal I'm going to use.

-

On another note, my camera equipment just arrived. I'll be filming with a Gopro hero 6 black with an isteady pro2 gimbal. I'm familiarizing myself with the equipment and awaiting some soft box lighting equipment. After last year I know a little more and this year I plan on greatly improving content quality. I still have a ton to learn.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #92
H311RA151N
Silver Member

Today the radiator cracked or the seal for the lower tank gave out. I didn't find exactly where it was leaking. But it was pretty significant.

This car and coolant leaks...

So I drive less than 3.5 miles and 12 minutes to work one way. I did something really crazy and eliminated the radiator tonight and drove around for 15 minutes. The car has absolutely no radiator and the trans cooler lines are looped. I cut the lower radiator hose and looped it around to the water outlet on the front of the block. I used part of the lower radiator hose that I cut off to funnel distilled water into the block through the outlet or neck on the front of the block. I found out it holds about a gallon and a half of water. I ran it with the heat on full (being the only radiator it really has) and with it bringing fresh (cool) air in. It showed no signs that it was ever going to overheat or blow a hose off. The temp gauge came up quickly (3-4 mins of driving) but never raised over about 40% of the full sweep on the gauge. So just under halfway. I was really impressed. This is temporary and will hopefully last until Sunday. So 6 days back and forth to work. If it wasn't upper 30's or low 40's this might not work so well.

Pretty crazy but it's also pretty neat. I'm not buying a cheaply made over priced radiator from the parts store. I purchased a Denso from Amazon for $67 shipped. I also purchased a new Gates lower radiator hose for $12 from Amazon as well. And, on Monday I will be starting on the timing belt and the A/C system anyway. I'm not really into putting parts in to take them right back out.

If you ever break down with a cracked or busted radiator you can get back on the road in an emergency. I'm doing it because I can and because the drive I take to work has a turn off every 250 feet. And also I wouldn't be upset if I potentially lost an engine although it's not likely. To me, worst case scenario is just another opportunity.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:35 PM   #93
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
Reminds me of an prototype engine when I worked at Cummins, no radiator, but it had a massive oil cooler!
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #94
H311RA151N
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
Reminds me of an prototype engine when I worked at Cummins, no radiator, but it had a massive oil cooler!
I'm extremely surprised. Drove it today with absolutely no issue.

Looks like I'm still on for next week.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:10 PM   #95
H311RA151N
Silver Member

After 10.5 hours in the garage today I will be putting the timing belt and balance shaft belt on tomorrow. I'm literally to that step with every seal replaced as well as the water pump, tensioners and springs.

I have incredible footage of the worst timing belt I've ever seen or heard of. Literally every single tooth of the balance shaft belt was gone and piled up in the bottom of the lower timing belt cover. The balance shaft belt was torn half way in one area and I was able to snap it with moderate strength. The cam seal was literally in pieces pouring oil down the block and the timing belt was cracked every 1/2" to an inch. There was so much deflection in the timing belt that I had difficulties finding TDC. I cannot believe that this car ran.

It's going to be up to a couple weeks until I'm able to edit all the footage but it's going to be well worth the wait. Me speaking about it doesn't do it justice. It's incredible.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:45 PM   #96
H311RA151N
Silver Member

It's running and driving with nice cold R12 A/C. It runs so much smoother. Idles smoother and has a little more power.

New :

Fuel filter
Timing belt
Balance shaft belt
Balance shaft belt tensioner & spring
Timing belt tensioner & spring
Crank seal
Balance shaft Seal
Cam seal
Water pump
Thermostat
Radiator
Lower radiator hose
Alternator & A/C belt
Power steering belt
PCV valve grommet

A/C Compressor
Condenser
Expansion valve
Receiver drier
All O-rings
Schrader valves
R134A adapter fittings (R12 refrigerant, R134A fittings are my preference)
Supercool synthetic ester oil
Pure R12 refrigerant 28oz

Cold R12 A/C and a smooth running engine.

I have 7.5 hours of footage to edit. 128GB. All 1080p, 60fps with 5000k-5700k lighting. Lots of talking and explaining. Step by step 90% of the time. It's going to take me weeks to edit. It's the absolute best footage I've ever filmed hands down.

If you want a preview go to my Instagram. plain_
guys_garage
Old 02-26-2020, 10:58 PM   #97
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT seems to have made some friends!
In the time leading up to buying my chassis, I was making all these plans to film the work, and how exactly I was going to do it. Not for the sake of starting a YouTube side-hobby, just a few feature films 20 or 30 minutes long summarizing its "Stage 1" progress that I'm deadlining this summer, and trying to make it engaging - maybe even inspiring to Honda enthusiasts who normally wouldn't consider a getting into a CB. But once I actually started the filming, it didn't last long. I have little enough time with the car, and it was slowing me down so much thinking about angles and all that, so I've just been trying to get through the work. Maybe I'll make another attempt soon.

That said, I respect you for keeping at it. I'll keep watching.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
MRT | Engine build | Daily RSX

Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-26-2020 at 11:46 PM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:46 PM   #98
H311RA151N
Silver Member

I really appreciate it. If it weren't for this forum I wouldn't have any starting audience other than personal acquaintances and family, friends etc. Only a couple who are automotive enthusiasts.

It's so much work to film the work. I never knew how much work went into film and photography. My wife is watching the entire time on my phone as the GoPro on my head is displaying and controlled through it. Without her this wouldn't happen. She has had my back for well over a decade with my automotive addiction.

That being said, the content I have briefly went through won't be shorted on the editing end. There are 373 videos of various length to go through but what I have seen is very decent. However long it takes to get it edited is how long it takes. I'm very excited.

What I lack is expressing my personality. Which, even in my profession is one of my characteristics. If you try to get to know me when I'm elbow deep in something I'm going to appear dull and bland. Truth is I'm really quite the opposite. However my natural personality would get me in trouble in front of audience. It's tough but something I'm going to figure out. Being serious but not acting like it. Maybe it comes with experience...

-

Last thing, I would post pictures on here but with Photobucket and Flikr we all know the story. I'm not trying to whore out the forum to grow my audience or get attention. Staying involved and progressing is something I'm not familiar with. Trying this out is all new to me. Also, I would never mind if any of my content ended up on here or was referenced etc. If that's something that might come to be. It's hard work and I'm going to protect it. This forum is the exception. I know and trust this group and for good reason. It's trustworthy.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #99
H311RA151N
Silver Member

I changed the oil today. I used Amazon Basic's full synthetic 5w30 as usual. I suggest doing some research to anyone intrested in an awesome full synthetic oil. It's $20 for a 5 quart jug and outperforms some oils that cost twice the price. It's on par with Amsoil.

Also, I have been neglecting the rear brakes. And of course, now that it has a fresh timing belt and ice cold R12 A/C it started grinding in the rear when the brakes are applied.

So, it needs a new lower timing cover, the current one is shot and comes in contact with the crank pulley slightly and the alternator belt. I want a new pressure relieve radiator cap. And it needs rear brakes. I have the pads. So in two weeks I'm ordering the following.

Brembo rear rotors,
Cardone rear calipers.
Dorman lower timing cover.

Some other small items as well.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:16 PM   #100
PakaloloHonda
Contributing Member

PakaloloHonda is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to PakaloloHonda Send a message via Yahoo to PakaloloHonda
Quote:
Originally Posted by H311RA151N View Post
Front suspension components this weekend.

Accord gets a name. Cheap Bastard.

Wow! I mean ... wowww ... and I thought I've been busy with the new house.

You make it look easy Josh! I'm not a member of YT, but I'm going to check out the others.
Oh and .. sooo nice to have the "proper" tools for the job ... ug ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon
PakaloloHonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: