Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

does anyone elses cooling fan run when car is off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone elses cooling fan run when car is off?

like the title says my cooling fan keeps running after car is shut off until disconnected. i had to take out the fuse or it would kill my battery.

everyones fan continues running until 15 minutes after the car is shut off..if you disconnect the battery or take the fuse out youre letting the car stay hot and not cool down, which is bad if you want to drive it right after you park or get out and the car is hot..

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

depends on the weather.

for me, when its cool out, my fan wont come on. but let it b hot outside and yep they will come on, the fans themselves are loud to me, i had several ppl over the year ask me was my car still on.

i always wanted to get a better oem fan from another car and install it so that fan will shoot out cooler are faster.

i was just at the yard and found a oem fan looked liek this

**Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

what tells the fan to turn on though every time i turn the key to the on position and back out the fan will run regardless if i have drove it or had it running or not. is that still normal?

Comment

bad fan sensor. swap it and it will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by hdjx20 View Post
            what tells the fan to turn on though every time i turn the key to the on position and back out the fan will run regardless if i have drove it or had it running or not. is that still normal?
            I belive our cars have 3 different temperature sensors, one single wire sender for the temp gauge, another sender for the ECU, and another sender for the radiator fans. So its possible that the sender that controls the fan functions could be bad, or the wire could be shorted to ground or open or something.

You could try removing the temperature sender and test the resistance, check the wiring, and make sure that the sender has a good ground when its installed again as some senders ground through the casing. good luck!
            ON_N20
            Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

fan sensor? where is that located?

Comment

Originally posted by ON_N20 View Post
                I belive our cars have 3 different temperature sensors, one single wire sender for the temp gauge, another sender for the ECU, and another sender for the radiator fans. So its possible that the sender that controls the fan functions could be bad, or the wire could be shorted to ground or open or something.

You could try removing the temperature sender and test the resistance, check the wiring, and make sure that the sender has a good ground when its installed again as some senders ground through the casing. good luck!
                alright thanks that helps, do you by any chance know what color the wire is for the sender or where i could find out?

Comment

im not being rude.

but for 15 bucks youcan buy a hanyes book. and it will help you understand more where some parts may be located.

Comment

The sensor that tells the fan to come on after shutting the engine off is located at the front of the engine where the upper rad hose connects. Just unplug it until you can get a new thermosensor.

Comment

I beat my H22 enhanced Accord when I do drive it, and because of that I have wired my car to continuously run the fan when the car is on. It works great and never over heats w/the stock Accord cooling system. This motor is taken to 9200 RPM's when driven frequently and I have no problem at all. Find your 2 wire temp sensor that plugs into the motor, cut the plug off, connect the 2 wires together and now your fan will always run when the car is in the "on position".

Comment

^That's not really solving his problem. His front thermosensor is stuck on/always has continuity regardless of the actual coolant temp. So unplugging it is the only way until he changes the sensor to keep the fan from coming on when he shuts off the car.

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                          ^That's not really solving his problem. His front thermosensor is stuck on/always has continuity regardless of the actual coolant temp. So unplugging it is the only way until he changes the sensor to keep the fan from coming on when he shuts off the car.
                          I am simply telling him how to avoid the whole fan cycling on/off. My way is the easiest fix because the sensor will be bypassed and the fan will alway run when the vehicle is on! He won't have to ever worry about it turning on/off or running when the car is off! Just another way to the fix....

Comment

What I am trying to get at is the thermosensor you bypassed which is located on the thermostat housing controls the fan when the car is running. The sensor I am talking about on the front hose neck controls the fan when the car is off.

The front thermoswitch is malfunctioning and probably always has continuity so even if his car was ice cold, the fan will still come on. So it doesn't matter how cool you get the engine while driving. He even mentioned somewhere when he puts the key to II and back off even without driving it, the fan comes on.

Comment

just out of curosity have u checked the coolant level in ur radiator lately? typically when ur low on fluid the engine will run just a tad warmer than normal and the fan will run after u cut the engine off for a short period of time to cool the water in ur radiator. thats what mine was doin and it was low on fluid. also check and see if have a block in the coolant flow,(anywhere in the engine, radiator, engine, heater coil) which can cause boilover. where your overflow tank will boil when the engine is hot, and ur fan will run when the motor is off.

the rebuild!
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

Working...
                              X