No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1988 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The parking brake cable broke when I was transporting it from Iowa to Missouri. The cable apparently was fraid. I just purchased a stainless front parking brake cable. I'm pretty certain that the issue lies with the front cable. If not I'll have to purchase the rears too. This car is getting closer to be completed! It should make someone a really decent Corvette.

With the parking brake cable you have the option of OE or stainless. For a little more money I opted for stainless.

I'm going to clean this thing up. The bay is filthy. The exterior of the car however is very clean. All in all after I get the new transmission in I'm going to ask for $6500. I think that will move it. I'm losing about $300 at that price however I knew I was going to. And I will take a little less than $6500 even. Just looking for opinions on this obviously. I hate the "what's this worth" questions. I just want to know if I'm about right on the asking price or not. I need it to sell. I need to start on the 1G Talon I just bought.

I think I'm going to list it on FB marketplace and CL in about 6 weeks. Or that's the plan anyhow. I've never worked so hard to try and get rid of something. But, I've got to make sure the next person gets a good car with no issues from square one.

Comment

Next Friday it's going to the transmission shop. The only thing left is the parking brake cable and thoroughly cleaning the interior and engine bay.

Comment

I changed the oil and oil filter today. Upon removing the oil cap I figured I would check the head casting numbers. Super clean and 113 aluminum heads. As expected.

Every time I upload a photo to photobucket my pictures are massive when I post here. Every single time I have to go into the website version and change the size. Every time. So I'm just not uploading a picture today. It's to much work.
        Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-04-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I inspected the parking brake cable issue in further detail. It's the rear cable. Which sucks because I bought a stainless front cable. Which I will still install. I found a used rear cable eBay for $17 shipped that I picked up.

I also found a set of cheap black spark plug wire separators.

I ordered the AC Delco horns.

And I ordered a new AC Delco belt.

That's everything that will have it completed.

Comment

Horns are in. Still not working. I have the information to pursue the issue. Should be pretty easy.

Serpentine belt is in. Wasn't too hard.

It's at Precision. Getting the transmission rebuilt.

I would add pictures but I haven't found an easy hosting service to use on mobile. Photobucket keeps changing my upload settings to make my pictures massive. That's padt annoying. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

At Precision.

Drove it there last week in 1st gear at 5:30am. 3,800 RPM at 26mph. Being only 3 miles away with many stop lights in between it didn't concern me.

Comment

Looks great. I don’t know much about corvettes so I can’t really help with the pricing. But good luck with the sale!
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  Looks great. I don’t know much about corvettes so I can’t really help with the pricing. But good luck with the sale!
                  Thank you and thank you!

Comment

Transmission shop is waiting on parts. The planetary failed as did the sprag.

Comment

Got it back today. Reciept below. Very pleased. Now to sell it.

Comment

Tonight I had to disassemble the dash and locate the horn/security fuse. It was blown. Due to the old horns and a faulty connector on the old horns. I replaced it and reassembled the portion of the dash I had to remove. The horns now work. However when I shut the door and tried to open it again the VATS went off. I had to disconnect the negative side of the battery. Come to find out, even if you don't lock the doors you have to insert the key into the door lock and lock it then unlock it before opening or the VATS will go off. Kinda dumb.

The interior was cleaned today. It came out pretty decent.

Tomorrow I have to install the front brake cable. And that will be the last thing.

I've already got one local person intrested. I really want to get rid of this thing so I can start on other projects. I've never wanted to sell a car so bad. To fragile. So impractical for me. It's just a liability really. It was fun to own though. It was an experience.

Comment

Comment

Simply speechless !!!!!!!!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                              Simply speechless !!!!!!!!
                              Thanks man! Hope you are well!

-

Sold today. Very fun car. But glad to see it go. I've got some really cool plans for the 98 Talon now. Leaving the thread I guess. Thanks everyone who I talked to and who contributed to the thread! It was fun. After all, that's why we do this.

Comment

I still talk with the new owner every now and then.

I did happen to take a video of this the day before I sold it. Had to have a little fun before I sold it.

Comment

Working...
                                X