No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i ripped the car apart tonight to install the headlights. How come every time I take the car apart i find problems the last mechanic caused and tried to hide. Sigh.

It's a lot of work to remove the bumper now with the intercooler attached to it, piping, and intersection lights. And now there are the HIDs with a ton of wires too. All hidden of course. I'll get some day & night pictures tomorrow.

To anyone who has JDM one piece headlights, do you have a rubber piece that goes around the signal light portion to fill the gap between the headlight and the fender?

Comment

And that's why I don't trust mechanics.

Yep, I got them on my JDM Vigors

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        And that's why I don't trust mechanics.

Yep, I got them on my JDM Vigors
        Yep, i hear that. Each time i go I return with scratches, missing pieces or broken stuff. The last trip resulted in a missing horn, signal light black pieces that hold the signal light in, and odometer push/rest button.

Some of the items I'm like...... how the heck did he manage to do that....

And when I ask what they did with the parts they simply say they haven't seem them.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

To anyone who has JDM one piece headlights, do you have a rubber piece that goes around the signal light portion to fill the gap between the headlight and the fender?
          Not sure about the 92-93 one piecers, but my 90-91's have them as well as the chrome trim that helps fill the gap...

you can sorta see it in this pic. never took a direct shot of it since it didn't seem prudent. The piece is rubber and kinda wing shaped...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Yep. Mine are missing the rubber piece. Really not sure what I'm going to find to fill this gap or how I'm going to make it stay on the light. glue it on I guess.

Comment

Started the stereo re-install today and fuse box relocation. The stereo install is very confusing. Two amps, speaker pods, sub woofers, with battery relocation and a distribution block. Combine that with in-line relays, fuse box relocation and the Alpine double-din unit w/ brain unit under the drivers side seat. The brain unit connects to the ipod interface, two subs, and now the rear view camera. One pretty much as to gut the interior to hook up the stereo.

Lights worked great last night when i tested them. I put the bumper back on and sure enough when I tested them today the passenger side light stopped working. It may be the ballst as they came with some other HIDs. So I will test them again this week to see what's up.

Comment

Window gasket rubber and pressure fit it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

looks good

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Window gasket rubber and pressure fit it.
                    Pressure fit?

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
                    looks good
                    Thanks man.

Comment

Hell of a job, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                        Hell of a job, man.
                        Another visitor, its been a while :P

just kidding, thanks man

Comment

Squeeze the rubber in between the headlight and the fender and it should stay there on it's own because of the headlight pushing against it.
                          Last edited by sonikaccord; 10-21-2014, 11:45 AM. Reason: grammar nazi

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Squeeze the rubber in between the headlight and the fender and it should stay there on it's on because of the headlight pushing against it.
                            The rubber would have to be huge and the space between the headlight and the fender is not equal along the way. I'd normally agree but I'm looking for something more permanent to adhere to the headlight to look like the original setup.

Can someone tell me the shape of the rubber that is usually on there or where I can find this rubber? From a OEM signal light maybe?

Comment

Well........ its official. I am moving! Just to another part of town but this new pad will affect this MRT a lot

Comment

wow, i was actually nominated for September AOM,........... and lost again.
                                Thanks to the person who nominated me, but it comes down to how many friends ya have on this site. They really need to get rid of that IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X