Fog Light wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog Light wiring

I have the full A, B, and C harness. I was trying to follow the guide so that I could have the fogs independent of the headlights, but it's hard to follow since photo bucket did lovely things. My question is where should the Blue/Red wire (it has a splice with two red blue wires connected to it) be connected to and the Black/red wire near the relays be connected to. I tried grounding the first one but all it does is turn the headlights on and the latter does nothing. Is it supposed to be grounded or on a positive lead?
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
    I have the full A, B, and C harness. I was trying to follow the guide so that I could have the fogs independent of the headlights, but it's hard to follow since photo bucket did lovely things. My question is where should the Blue/Red wire (it has a splice with two red blue wires connected to it) be connected to and the Black/red wire near the relays be connected to. I tried grounding the first one but all it does is turn the headlights on and the latter does nothing. Is it supposed to be grounded or on a positive lead?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=15489

But in your case if all you want is them wired to an external switch then you'll need to do some modifications. Rather than having a relay with a key on/always on/ground/ combination you can bypass that and just do a simple fog / switch / positive / ground setup. Like a normal light switch setup.

If you have a full fog light OEM harness it would be easier for you to use as is.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=15489

But in your case if all you want is them wired to an external switch then you'll need to do some modifications. Rather than having a relay with a key on/always on/ground/ combination you can bypass that and just do a simple fog / switch / positive / ground setup. Like a normal light switch setup.

If you have a full fog light OEM harness it would be easier for you to use as is.

Cheers.
      My fog harness was violated. So that wire does need to be on the + side then?
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
      X