4. 2 way alarm
    5. leave padio lights on
    6. lastly a dog is your best ears.
    My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

all ive got is viper 2ways (on 3 cars) for now ....with proximity sensors

Comment

people must understand that you can never stop someone from stealing your car because a real theive can get you regardless. All you can do is deter them or add time so that they get frustrated enough and leave it alone. Car thefts are under 2 mins to 5 min. So your job is to add more time so that you frustrate your theive.

You best bet is a battery relocation with a loud alarm because how common is a battery in the trunk. How common is a battery found in the trunk? How would the theive know its in the trunk unless he spent the time to open the hood and they guess its in the trunk.Now has to open your trunk to find the wire(more time). If your battery is next to the rear seat then he has to move your system to get it out as the alarm sounds.(risky) Now if you prep your trunk and not having your system so easliy movable its more time for him to move that. Even if he wants to steal your box he has to get out it while the alarm is going off.(more time).

DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT put your alarm under your cluster or next to your fuses. It should be behind the radio or glove box. they are least common spots because people dont spend the extra 50 bucks during alarm installs to have it placed their. Also have your horn placed on your firewall towards the bottom of your motor and not siting on top. Making your horn much louder and once again having the theive have to lay on the ground to reach your horn.(more time) If you have to change the horn cause it gets damaged by weather its 10 bucks then a 2000 or more car to replace.

Do not place a kill switch under the dash. First place they look for one. Best place to hide one is sometimes right in their face like a false button or mis labeld button(for instance one button saying fogs or radar). Only you should know what the button does or your closest family.

One of the most important things to do is to always Black tape your wires and never have them separted especially alarm wires. The theive wont cut what he doesnt know. Why would he or she hack the wire harness if the attempt is to steal your car.

Do it right and your car should make it threw the night

Theft Side note- Number one thing you never do if you are a car theive is submerge your head and not keep a open view of around the car while stealing to prevent the owner from walking up to you and beating your arse while in his car.No theive doesnt take a train or bus to jack your ride they always have transportation sometimes a friend but they extra company soon runs off when they see how bad you beat his arse

Owner Side Note - If you can catch the person stealing your car never call the cops once you have him or her. (This is true from this point)

My friend and I caught some stupid kid attempting to break in his car.
        First We beat the crap out of him
        Second beat the crap out of him
        Third beat the crap out of him
        Fourth Beat the crap out of him some more
        Fifth since he was laid out on the ground (we took his money out of his pockets)
        Finally Called the cops to come get his ass.

Now mind you my friend and I spent 5 hours in the police station for beating the crap out of him but then we also gained around 70 bucks and a A1 workout.
        WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
          Which fuse are you talking about? i cant find it.
          And talking about kill switches, this kid at school has one where you have to press the ciggarete lighter.
          i doubt youre the only one who knows that....time for it to make a new one

Comment

Any more tips? my car got broken into witch sucks so i nee more tips they pop my window open can somebody tell me how i can prevent this?

Comment

I need an update for this

I park my car on the street when I see my GF

Here is what I am thinking

- A boot or lock+chain through the rear tire & a control arm
              - Keyless entry + rear door handle swap on the front doors, and a hookup to the battery somewhere under the car in case my battery dies (at the last meet I was informed that with about 10 minutes you can open any CB with any CB key, and possibly start it too)
              - Trunk latch delete
              - Mirror tint
              - Quick release of my headunit (the GF wouldn't mind)
              - Multi-stage fuel pump kill switch (wiring switches in series)
              - Some kind of re-enforcement around the front windows to prevent the easy Honda pry
              - Shatter proof laminate (this would take precedence over the tint if they are incompatible)

I'm seeing it like this... a crackhead gets to the car, sees no radio, leaves. Someone else comes, sees a wheel locked through a control arm, says 'ehhh fuck it'... leaves. If somehow they find the time to jack up the car, remove + replace the control arm & throw on a steelie, they go to break the glass... it breaks but doesn't completely shatter. If somehow they get into the car, they have to find both/all kill switches to try and drive it away. W/no key they can't open the trunk, and the latch won't work. By now it's like half an hour later, they can't get anything, hopefully they just get frustrated and leave...

My strategy is deterrent... what do you guys think?

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Found this the other day.....
                http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com...ire/index.html

The actuator and jimmy jam diy ...... Great stuff....

Just can't EVER loose or lock your key in and not have a backup. ( ever)
                Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, no frontier ~ Bruce
                My Page!

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest View Post
                  There's also a fuse under the hood which would not allow them to start the car, my boy 91ACCORDSIR showed that to me.

PRIMO, 4 kill switches, who did them? I'm interested in setting up something as discreet as per say the Cruise control button, and some other one. Can you help me or get me an installer?
                  which fuse?

Comment

Great irony in this is my system was stolen out of my car recently... I just had everything sitting, no alarm no nothing. $300 worth of boom+bang gone

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Don't mean to dig up threads from the dead but I really feel like this is a helpful thread and was wondering if anyone had thought about making their main relay easily removable? What about switches to ground circuits so when they turn the ignition switch on it shorts out fuses for the fuel pump or ignition and then the thieves would have to find the now blown fuses and reconnect them with wire or (the proper fuses; unlikely right?). Just moved to a new state and have heard really bad things about hondas being stolen here and it scares me to think about losing all the time and effort I've put into my car.

Comment

Originally posted by DunKrS View Post
                        Don't mean to dig up threads from the dead but I really feel like this is a helpful thread and was wondering if anyone had thought about making their main relay easily removable? What about switches to ground circuits so when they turn the ignition switch on it shorts out fuses for the fuel pump or ignition and then the thieves would have to find the now blown fuses and reconnect them with wire or (the proper fuses; unlikely right?). Just moved to a new state and have heard really bad things about hondas being stolen here and it scares me to think about losing all the time and effort I've put into my car.

I think that having a kill switch that is a SECRET is much more important than just having a kill switch. I have suggested in the past using an OEM switch that isn't used often for a kill switch.

Like the hazard light button.

I personally think that a pro in your car will understand what a switch is when they see it, and figure it out by ripping out the wires and by-passing it.

I mean, they ARE GOING TO STEAL YOUR CAR RIGHT? So yeah, rip out wires, twist them together, by-pass kill switch.

The kill switch has got to be a secret if you are going to do it with any sort of long term success.
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Exactly, hidden and secret for sure, I figured that went without saying, but I've seen or heard stories of thieves finding the switches, and flipping them or bypassing them, but I was more or less thinking if a switch were to be a short rather than opening the circuit that they'd defeat the ignition switch and as soon as power were applied to the circuit(s) with switches it'd blow the fuse for the circuit(s) and then they've got a whole different set of issues to troubleshoot. my thought was that you get double the inconvenience for the thief for basically the same steps, and that even if they were to defeat it they'd then have a blown fuse on one or more circuits to replace or bypass after they've discovered the switch(es) and bypassed them.

Comment

Working...
                          X