Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anti-freeze leak??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-freeze leak??

So i got a leak but i dont know where its coming from. Once a week my rad is half empty and i cant seem to find out where its going. The rad is brand new and the lower and upper hoses are new as well. There is never any anti-freeze on the ground so im lost

No i dont have a blown headgasket. Already checked that out

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
    So i got a leak but i dont know where its coming from. Once a week my rad is half empty and i cant seem to find out where its going. The rad is brand new and the lower and upper hoses are new as well. There is never any anti-freeze on the ground so im lost

No i dont have a blown headgasket. Already checked that out
    How did you check it?

Coolant consumption usually only means a few things...

Is the car over heating at all, or is the temp changing alot? Does your heat work?

Theres really not a lot of things that this could be, Im curious what your response is to the HG question..
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

well the oil is not mixing with the anti-freeze making the oil a milky color and when the car starts up for the 1st time there is no white or any color of smoke that comes from the exhaust. But everything works fine. It did over heat when i would go through the drivethrough but thats when i didnt have the fan in. Since its been in its good unless the rad is empty and i only let it go up alittle pass the D4 and then move and it goes right back down....Would it be the bypass hose???? I havent replaced it yet on this car and im confused where its at lol

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

Comment

how often does this happen, are you sure your filling it up correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by 92F20Bhatch View Post
          how often does this happen, are you sure your filling it up correctly?
          Thats what i was just thinking, maybe theres an air pocket working itself out, giving you the impression your leaking when your not.
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

yeah as soon as that thermostat opens it will suck most of whats in your rad into the block and coolant lines.

Comment

Remember that there are more coolant lines then just the upper and lower hoses.
              If you have an automatic, check the fluid.
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Oh no im filling it up right and already bled the system

Comment

check the bottom of the actual radiator, because when mine was leaking i never saw the drip, because it was blowing back across the bottom of the car...

and ive had to replace atleast 5 hoses since my radiator first blew...all from little tears that progressively got worse...

Comment

Working...
                  X