My life in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My life in Japan

Yeah, I'm going to get 4 hours of sleep. Up at 5am, leave by 6. Get to newark, board, spend 13.75 hours on a boeing 777 and then I'll be in Tokyo.

I think it's safe to say I'm freaking out. My life is upside down again. Packed away in about 140lbs of luggage. My Fiancee and two of her friends will pick me up at the airport. I'll be landing at 1:55 in Tokyo.

I have an interview on the 24th in Tokyo. I'm looking for work in Sendai. Christ. I'm going to land, go home on Sunday evening, stay there for two days, then go back to Tokyo for the interview. Overwhelmed much?

Since I moved back to the US from Finland, where I lived on exchange for a year, I wanted to do something like that again. This is the shot. Only, I have to get a job within 90 days or I'll have to go back home... after 90 days. My best shot will be teaching English or becoming an assistant English teacher. I know 0 Japanese so that wont help. I'm not sure if I'll even like teaching, but, it'll be a job.

My Fiancee has been telling me about her days at work. Christ... she works hard. I dont think I'll be nearly as good at teaching as her. Which... worries me.

I have a feeling that my Grandpa wont be around when I get back. I've not lost a family member since I was about four... when I lost my other Grandpa. I dont know how that'll be. There are times where you just want to be in the comforts of your own country speaking your mother tongue. But, it could be worse. At least my Fiancee will be there.

Speaking of which, that's another worry. This will be the first time her and I are living together. Before this, it's all been long distance. I'd visit her for a week or two and vise versa. When I first met her, I stayed with her for three weeks. We have never had a problem. I'm not sure though. I guess I dont want to have any problems in the future. If we have problems, this will be the time. At the same time, if we have problems it'll be a major problem for the future of our relationship. Now that I think about this, I guess I'm worried about moving forward. I think I'm more worried about this than when I proposed :P At least I had a pretty good idea of what she was going to say.

On the up side, I think I'm going to enjoy Japanese food. I <3 sushi and other foods. Staying in Toronto for a few weeks at a time spoiled me. There was a Sushi place at the end of my Fiancee's old apartment... man... I could have gone there at 10am and ate until they closed

Also, if you got your last issue of Honda Tuning, they thoughtfully gave me tips about going to JDM shops around Japan I'll be reading that on the plane. Should take up 1 of 13.75 hours... man, that's going to be rough.

No real point to this message... I think I'm just venting a bit.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

have fun!

dont have problems... nono
    take pictures of skylines and bring us parts!

lucky bastard.
    峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
      have fun!

dont have problems... nono
      take pictures of skylines and bring us parts!

lucky bastard.
      lol. I do feel great about going. I think I'm worried that I'll be let down. Who knows. Pre-travel jitters or something.
      My Car

Comment

oh... and one more thing..
        take pictars of hot japanese girls for me
        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

well look at the bright side if your going to live there that long your going to have to own a car

Comment

lost in translation? say no to the japanese whores.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If I get a job... I hope to get a car. The next question will be what can I afford? :P My goal is to pay off as much of my student loans as possible.

BUT for now... I must sleep. I'll be away for a few days. The next time I post I'll be in Japan
              My Car

Comment

buy jdm objects.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

take pictures. lots of them!

btw visit one of those automotive chop shops. & take pics there too.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

best of luck to you my friend .. have fun

Comment

And it begins. Off to Newark.
                      Later.
                      My Car

Comment

living together is only as hard as you make it.

as always dont sweat the small stuff, and you will be fine.

i guarentee you will fight and have problems. my fiancee and i have lived together for 3 years now and it gets rough at times but just pick your battles and drop the rest

have fun! and i hate your guts

lol kidding of course but i do dislike the fact you are going to japan and not me.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                          And it begins. Off to Newark.
                          Later.
                          Have a nice trip!

Jya ne~

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                          Honda Accord Euro-R
                          Honda Odyssey Absolute
                          Honda City I-DSi
                          Honda Stream

Comment

good luck don't party to hard im sure u will enjoy it.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Good luck to you, Matt! Even though you've left already...

Comment

Working...
                              X