Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"Best Friend"???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Best Friend"???

If your "best friend" of 10 years who lived an hour and a half away and came to visit you two to three weekends a month for the last eight years got married, then happened to move 10 houses away (two blocks) and pretty much never called you or hung out anymore, would he/she still be your best friend?
    Yes
    46.67%
    No
    53.33%

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

hey when you get married you have a life to live, and that life doesnt always give people time to stay in touch, or some times things just dont seem to work out for you and the othwer person to hang out or talk on the phone I.E. a wife, a job,or a kid or all the above

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
    91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
    funds for swap:$000.00
    Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
    Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

depends if you found someone else to take his/her place, if not then yes, they still are your best friend you just are out of touch
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
        hey when you get married you have a life to live, and that life doesnt always give people time to stay in touch, or some times things just dont seem to work out for you and the othwer person to hang out or talk on the phone I.E. a wife, a job,or a kid or all the above
        Keep in mind that I'm married and have a child. I've always put them on hold to accomodate this "best friend' spending one night a week with me.

Comment

Different people prioritize differently. I drifted from all my friends when I got serious with my girl years ago. When everything fell apart, those friends I drifted from were right there for me.

My childhood best friend moved to Utah, and we only talk occasionally now. I still consider him to hold a meaningful place in my life, but if we talk once a month on Facebook, it's a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Different people prioritize differently. I drifted from all my friends when I got serious with my girl years ago. When everything fell apart, those friends I drifted from were right there for me.

My childhood best friend moved to Utah, and we only talk occasionally now. I still consider him to hold a meaningful place in my life, but if we talk once a month on Facebook, it's a lot.
            I definately feel ya on the prioritize level. It's just messed up. It seems that anytime he makes an effort to come over she messes it up. For example, she was supposed to go hang out in her hometown two hours away one night. He came over by me. Suddenly he gets a call, "I had a crappy day at work and didn't go, will you come home and make me supper?"

I'd have been like, "No. Make yourself something and I'll be home later."

On the other hand my wife wouldn't be that lazy either....

I feel like he has to try WAY to hard to make his marriage work and they've been married since October.

Comment

That could be it... he could be stuck in a situation that isn't healthy for him. I was in a similar situation, and my best friend is in that now... unhealty relationships that end up costing everything... eventually, the relationship itself.

Comment

a best friend wouldnt stop talking to you.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I just keep thinking about the succubus episode of south park.

I have to figure out what song she sings to him to get him to do her every bidding, then learn it backwards

But seriously...He just is not the same person he was two years ago. It seems as if the life has been sucked out of him. His balls are definately in her purse at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    a best friend wouldnt stop talking to you.
                    Yea. We used to text or call just for the hell of it. Now he's two blocks away and the only texts I ever get are, "sorry dude, can't make it."

Comment

my and my roomate used to hang all the time. but both of us pretty much got engaged withi 6 months of each other we pretty much stopped talking. not that we have aproblem with each other or anthing. it is just that we portorize things. try just give him a call. he busy and i bet his wife is wayy hotter than you are lol.

be a friend and don't drop him so fast, he gunna need you one day.
                      1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                        I definately feel ya on the prioritize level. It's just messed up. It seems that anytime he makes an effort to come over she messes it up. For example, she was supposed to go hang out in her hometown two hours away one night. He came over by me. Suddenly he gets a call, "I had a crappy day at work and didn't go, will you come home and make me supper?"

I'd have been like, "No. Make yourself something and I'll be home later."

On the other hand my wife wouldn't be that lazy either....

I feel like he has to try WAY to hard to make his marriage work and they've been married since October.

reread that post and i gotta say ouch. i say give the guy props for trying to make it work, but be there for him when it falls apart soon. my dad was like that too. my mom pretty much did not want dad to hang with his family at all. for 15 years i never knew my grandma and dad's side of the family. my dad just did that just to save the marraige.

props to the guy trying to save his marrige and that means putting his buddy on hold for now.
                        1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Drop by un-invited..?

I would say yes, but i can see why you would question it. It does seem like a dick move, but that happens. "Hoes-B4-Bros" thing, ya know? He might just be in the beginning stages of his love and it's hard to balance. Give him some time and a little bit of room. He'll come around.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I would say yes, but that he is way to into this girl. Lol

he will come around later.

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

I too, am going through this same situation.
                              Best friends for 15 years, gets engaged and POOF!

My friend has finally started calling me, it took two years though.

greencb7inkc said it well, give it time.

On the other hand; it sure does suck to feel like you are close to some one-have them drop you like a hot rock, only to want you around again when its convenient for them.

I would advise you to not let it hurt your feelings.

It sounds like your friend has one of those really needy women who has to have %100 time and attention, or they are not "loved".

We call that co-dependency.

At least you know that he is a prisoner, and not avoiding you of his own free will.
                              Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Working...
                              X