samsung galaxy s3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung galaxy s3

Just got one today! So far I really like it, luckily there's a lot of tutorial vids on youtube that walk you through certain things, like how to use a ringtone I downloaded.

I've had the same blackberry curve for just over 3 years, so this is a major upgrade for me lol

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Originally posted by wherm View Post
    Just got one today! So far I really like it, luckily there's a lot of tutorial vids on youtube that walk you through certain things, like how to use a ringtone I downloaded.

I've had the same blackberry curve for just over 3 years, so this is a major upgrade for me lol
    i use Zedge for my ring tones, you can download it from the Play Store or whatever it is called now for free. Like for my mom, whenever she calls me, it's Stewie from Family Guy saying mom over and over until the end where he laughs just like in the commercial.

Comment

I picked up a blue one for sprint.Still stuck on 3g till they switch over.Im still happy with it.

Comment

I got a blue one on launch day, traded it for a white one the next day. It rules lol

Comment

still loving this phone, I'm really disappointed that it doesn't come with a complete manual though. I know that it has tutorials built in, but that doesn't really fit in with a working/family man's lifestyle. Whenever I get to a tutorial it seems like I don't have the time to read it or try it out cause I'm either doing something at work or at home and when I skip it, even though I never check the "don't show this again" box, I can never seem to get that box to come up. So I find myself spending even more of my free time trying to figure things out on my own, or googling or youtubing what I wanna know lol! However, I love that I can connect to my wireless internet at home and decrease my data usage big time! Now to find my work's wireless password...lol

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou View Post
            I got a blue one on launch day, traded it for a white one the next day. It rules lol
            why the trade? same thing right? I know there's another white one coming out that's 32gb (the one I wanted), but I don't possible know what other apps I would use and I still have 12gb left. I don't download music, and if I did put music or videos on the phone I'd use the ext SD card.

Comment

Have any of you used the s2? Im reading on developer sites that there is no difference between the two besides the os. Which you can have rooted over to the s2...
              "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

I got the 32gb white one. it rocks. so glad I didnt get an iphone

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

why the trade? same thing right? I know there's another white one coming out that's 32gb (the one I wanted), but I don't possible know what other apps I would use and I still have 12gb left. I don't download music, and if I did put music or videos on the phone I'd use the ext SD card.
                  How have you used 20 GB in apps... That's insane.

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
                  Have any of you used the s2? Im reading on developer sites that there is no difference between the two besides the os. Which you can have rooted over to the s2...
                  There is a difference between the two. A major one.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III

OP and all: You can use and add ringtones without the use of a dedicated, advertisement and bloat ridden app. Simply copy the file you wish to use to your media/ringtones directory on your SD card or internal storage, and viola! Also saves you having to worry about the privacy of whatever suspect app you happen to find on the Android market, and it's free!

Comment

I had previously bought the EVO 4G LTE at Radioshack because of a discount, then returned it because of problems. None of the Radioshacks had white S3's, only blue, which actually looked more purple (especially the home button) in most light.

I use minimal apps and like my phones to be as fast and bloat free as possible. I even rooted my phone and installed a custom ROM the first day I got my white one . I mostly use mine for music, pictures and tethering my internet to my macbook (for free thanks to being rooted )

Comment

Faster better internals but kinda same OS

There is a major difference and the ones that really stick out is the amount of RAM and the processor speed. In a nutshell the OS is the thing that didn't really change too much but there are already ports of 4.x running on the Galaxy Note. I think it's cool to see phones someday overpowering lowend netbooks and laptops.

Once rooted, most android phones depending on it's processor can go over the 1ghz speeds to make them last longer than say iPhones that have locked Kernels. The first Galaxy S phone the famous "Vibrant can clock to 1.6-1.8ghz safely but the only thing hindering it is it's 512mb ram. Even the HTC Desire Z with it's stock 800mhz can see the 1.5+ghz range.

This is one reason why I love Android over Apple phones currently is because of the developer community. If apple were to open up things on their iphone like direct Kernel access for tweaking processor speeds.... hell the iphone 2G/3G will still be more useable. The only thing I give Apple credit for is their more polished OS. Having only a few phone/tablet models, they can squash out bugs far more quickly than Android can. I have the international Galaxy Note and it's sad to see a more powerful phone still have stuttering and little slowdowns at times because every new Android phone is always not fully optimized on launch. After rooting my phone it's like a completely different phone.

This is why some like HTC and Samsung actually semi support hacking because developers clean up their mess they can't or too lazy to figure out so they can go on working on the next model revision (creating more fragmentation )

Look at the Xperia Play, I'm so very disappointed Sony dropped support for 4.0 ICS. Lucky the developer community proved sony wrong that it can work but they already developing newer phones to keep up with the competition.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                      1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude
                      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Faster better internals but kinda same OS

There is a major difference and the ones that really stick out is the amount of RAM and the processor speed. In a nutshell the OS is the thing that didn't really change too much but there are already ports of 4.x running on the Galaxy Note. I think it's cool to see phones someday overpowering lowend netbooks and laptops.

Once rooted, most android phones depending on it's processor can go over the 1ghz speeds to make them last longer than say iPhones that have locked Kernels. The first Galaxy S phone the famous "Vibrant can clock to 1.6-1.8ghz safely but the only thing hindering it is it's 512mb ram. Even the HTC Desire Z with it's stock 800mhz can see the 1.5+ghz range.

This is one reason why I love Android over Apple phones currently is because of the developer community. If apple were to open up things on their iphone like direct Kernel access for tweaking processor speeds.... hell the iphone 2G/3G will still be more useable. The only thing I give Apple credit for is their more polished OS. Having only a few phone/tablet models, they can squash out bugs far more quickly than Android can. I have the international Galaxy Note and it's sad to see a more powerful phone still have stuttering and little slowdowns at times because every new Android phone is always not fully optimized on launch. After rooting my phone it's like a completely different phone.

This is why some like HTC and Samsung actually semi support hacking because developers clean up their mess they can't or too lazy to figure out so they can go on working on the next model revision (creating more fragmentation )

Look at the Xperia Play, I'm so very disappointed Sony dropped support for 4.0 ICS. Lucky the developer community proved sony wrong that it can work but they already developing newer phones to keep up with the competition.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                        JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                        1994 Prelude V-Tec
                        1999 CL 3.0
                        2000 Prelude
                        2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                        1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                        1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                        1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                          How have you used 20 GB in apps... That's insane.

There is a difference between the two. A major one.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_III

OP and all: You can use and add ringtones without the use of a dedicated, advertisement and bloat ridden app. Simply copy the file you wish to use to your media/ringtones directory on your SD card or internal storage, and viola! Also saves you having to worry about the privacy of whatever suspect app you happen to find on the Android market, and it's free!

My phone is only the 16gb version...

Comment

anybody know when the otter box defender will come out for this?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I cant wait to get mines , But Have to switch Carriers
                              CB will be out beginning of March

Comment

Working...
                              X