Random Welding *Tig* and Fab...*Pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Welding *Tig* and Fab...*Pics*

Hi, some of you guys might remember me I've been a member here for quite awhile just wanted to share some random photos. I now work at a community college in the Welding Dept. and am very close to finishing my A.S in Welding Technology and an A.S for Engineering Software. I LOVE Tig welding it's my favorite process but I'm decent at Mig and Stick also. I've also been doing side jobs here and there and have been amassing a tool empire lol

This was some scrap I had laying around, rusted 1/4" angle Iron...

My buddy took the good pics I took all the crappy ones lol

Here's a collector Jig I made for building merge collectors...

Cut up a 330cf Argon Cylinder that was bad and started to make a stand..

More random welding..

This weld is hiding back there lol

Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Fab Tools..

Practice..

Some parts I made for an old Nova..

I know the pics suck but here's some 16ga Stainless that came out nice..

Oil Return for B-series...

Intercooler Piping for a DA Integra..

My RX7 I'm working on, wheel tubs half-done and I hacked up the radiator support to move the rad and Intercooler all the way up front..

Thanks for looking>.

Comment

Those are some nice welds.

I can Mig and Arc and have been for about 9 years now. Im always workin on derby/race cars, Modded tractors, modded mowers and random jobs.

Comment

welds aren't too bad.

do you just weld a little bit of everything? or what material do you primarily work with?

My bf used to work as a welder at full-race and currently works at AFI turbo. He also has a shop of his own on the side, where he does his own fab work. He has been welding for over 10 years now.

He primarily works with aluminum and stainless, but on occasion he'll do some mild amongst others.

I've welded a couple times, both mig and tig. Wasn't horrible, but definitely not something to take a picture of. lol

Even though i don't really weld, it interests me and i pick up on what to look for and can definitely tell awesome welds from ok welds. Plus when you have a bf that does it, it kind of becomes second nature.

Click picture to see my mrt
        Instagram: sikz6

Comment

your work is bootyful if i was closer i would have u fab up a rollcage for me :/
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Thanks everyone.. Yea most of the stuff up there is just scrap metal to practice on and alot of those pics were taken at school. The chrome stuff I notched is not even tubing it's 1 3/8's pipe lol I mostly Tig weld alot of steel: mild, cast iron,stainless, chromoly, DOM and aluminum & cast aluminum I've even tried magnesium. That's why I love the Tig you can almost weld anything lol I do the occasional Mig welding also, usually when welding on the car where it's too dirty to Tig like body panels. Sikz6 Is your boyfriend Arron Garcia? I lurk the fab section on Honda Tech daily haha and he does top notch work, I'd like to get as good at welding as he is I think i've been doing alright though I have only been Tig welding for year and a half, I'll be sure to update this when I do some more work. Cheers

Comment

looking good . i'm also in college for welding as we speak . the tig looks clean and looks to be certifable .. nice work . at the moment I'm tigging on my last semister .good luck and like i said " doing a great job , the pedal is giving me a little fit . I' a pipe fitter.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

you got quite the tools man welding is like looking into another world when trying to make the perfect bead i wish i could stay at your house for a week so you could show me thoes skills lol the welds are fkn clean
                Last edited by 93blackcb7; 06-17-2011, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laguna7 View Post
                  Thanks everyone.. Yea most of the stuff up there is just scrap metal to practice on and alot of those pics were taken at school. The chrome stuff I notched is not even tubing it's 1 3/8's pipe lol I mostly Tig weld alot of steel: mild, cast iron,stainless, chromoly, DOM and aluminum & cast aluminum I've even tried magnesium. That's why I love the Tig you can almost weld anything lol I do the occasional Mig welding also, usually when welding on the car where it's too dirty to Tig like body panels. Sikz6 Is your boyfriend Arron Garcia? I lurk the fab section on Honda Tech daily haha and he does top notch work, I'd like to get as good at welding as he is I think i've been doing alright though I have only been Tig welding for year and a half, I'll be sure to update this when I do some more work. Cheers
                  Oh gotcha. nice! Yeah with tig you can pretty much weld anything.

Yep that's him!
                  He got chosen for this website called "Fab Life" which he'll be starting soon. Basically blogging his work like he's been doing on honda tech and azht.

Comment

long time no.....post, lol.

what happened to that orange accord of yours? later.
                    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Yea, I am a student Instructor for the Tig class at my college. I hold 1 hr lab sessions and 1 hr class lectures and I'm a lab aid so I get to help people learn in the classroom and psychically help them in the lab. It's been a great experience, It really made me better welder because I can look at what people are doing wrong and show them how to correct it. So when I'm making mistakes or bad welds I'm able to figure out what I need to change. Strech JDM my first instructor at college was a pipe fitter, he taught me how to Tig and he's the best Tig welder I've personally seen. It's funny because I just took Tig again with his friend and he is a fabricator at a famous hot rod shop and he welds COMPLETELY different. It's funny how people in different industry's have completely different views on the same thing.

What up TypeG! I knew someone would remember me haha I basically had gotten the Accord back from getting the cage and it was sitting outside my house no doors, front end waiting to be put back together and I came outside for work one morning and the wheels had gotten stolen. They weren't the best rims on earth but I still dropped $1300 on them, So It really pissed me off and made me lose interest in the car. I basically parted out the stuff I had motor, trans, lights, what not and gave the stripped shell to Tony *raceboy* for free lol The only thing I kept was the suspension, my brother modified it to fit the civic I had and I eventually gave him the civic haha

Comment

Originally posted by Laguna7 View Post
                        Yea, I am a student Instructor for the Tig class at my college. I hold 1 hr lab sessions and 1 hr class lectures and I'm a lab aid so I get to help people learn in the classroom and psychically help them in the lab. It's been a great experience, It really made me better welder because I can look at what people are doing wrong and show them how to correct it. So when I'm making mistakes or bad welds I'm able to figure out what I need to change. Strech JDM my first instructor at college was a pipe fitter, he taught me how to Tig and he's the best Tig welder I've personally seen. It's funny because I just took Tig again with his friend and he is a fabricator at a famous hot rod shop and he welds COMPLETELY different. It's funny how people in different industry's have completely different views on the same thing.
                        Nice, how long have you been student teaching?

Yeah I know what you mean. Welding techniques vary from person to person. Its good though, to see the different ways people weld. Like you said, it can definitely help you as welder.

Comment

Joint prep is mighty fine lookin, welds are pretty good too.

Comment

^^^Thanks, yea i've been doing the student teaching for a year, later down the road i'd like to get a job teaching the class I just need to get 5 years experience before I can get hired..

Comment

Wow, haven't seen a post from you in ages!!!!

How have things been?

Welds looking good.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                              X