Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Someone Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have just finish installing my new(used) tranny on my accord (f22a1 5spd) and I am very, very, very desperate cuz now I cant get the car to get into any gear. i am thinking the problem is the slave cilinder or theres no pressure to the slave. when the car is turned off I can put it into gear, but only when its off. I purged the slave and still could not get it in gear. it seems that the slave has to open a little more so the throwout bearing could give a little more pressure to the pressure plate. could it be the upper clutch pump? the slave cilinder is in very good condition but the car has been sitting for a month and 1/2 now.PLEASE HELP ME I MISS MY CB., I'VE BEEN DRIVING A MINIVAN TO SCHOOL AND THAT'S NOT COOL.
    "YO NO QUIERO SU PINCHE CHULETA, QUIERO SU PINCHE VIDA!!"

ya bleed the line more. keep putting more fluid in as u bleed it
    91 lx h22 ftw!!!1!!one!!

lsd is wonderful

Comment

i had the same prob when my slave cylinder went out. it took me a while 2 bleed it. because u think just because it moves a little it is bled. but it realy is'nt. what i did was call one of my friends over and cracked open each line and made sure each part of the line was getting fluid until we got to the slave cylender and we bled that and everything has been working ever since

Comment

Yes I got pressure in the clutch pedal and the slave did move, but I stiil think it could move more. tomorrow I am going to bleed the shit out of it, I am all desperate cuz it was very hard to put install the transmision by miself and i dont want to have to take it out again. also, just wondering, this has nothing to do with the T O bearing right?

Comment

where is the clutch relese point on you pedle? maby you need to adfjust the relese point on the clutch. also are you sure the clutch is installed correctly?
          spin city

Comment

yea check clutch pedal hieght and then and make sure all clutch lines are all tight one of your lines could not be tight.

Comment

doing this could help get the master cylinder to push a little more fluid, and get a little bit more travel... but thats no solution for an improperly bled system. id suggest bleeding it more. let it gravity bleed for a while (cap off, bleeder open, let it slowly drain through). that gets most air out, then you should have semi-good pressure, enough to easily bleed the rest out.

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/adjusting_clutch.jpg[/img]

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Yea I had the same problem,Try and readjusting the clutch pedal to it's highest point then go from there.

Comment

Man I just finished bleeding my slave but it still deosn't get into gear. the pedal has all the pressure now and still can't get into gear. I raised my front end(front tires off ground) and and it does get into gear with little roughness, but the tires dont stop spinning even with the clutch pressed.

I didn't touch the clutch, I just replaced my transmision and the clutch stayed in the engine so i dont think that could be it.

thanks for all your input it really helps. I'm still not sure of how that clutch release point works but i'll give it a try. My car was working perfectly before my tranny broke, do you think I still have to check all those other things?
                  Last edited by JCtothaflow; 11-13-2006, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I had the same problem with mine and had to drive a quest also. I got my clutch changed master and slave sylinder changed and it still did not work, Turns out the only thing that was wrong was air got into it. So it had to be bleed. The guy that changed the clutch could never do it right thats why I had to buy all that stuff. It sat for a month or two until a real mechanic bleed it. And it was back on the road. Get someone who knows what they are doing to bleed it. Just reading how to do it and trying yourself wont work. You will be out there for hours pumping for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X