Question about 350 swapped Sonoma price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about 350 swapped Sonoma price

Friend of a friend possibly wants $1500 for this Sonoma. It's got a 350 with a 4L60E shift kit and a triple core vet radiator. I guess the motor has been rebuilt and "built", what do you guys think? I just want the motor for my 72 c10.

He hit a dear, and the truck still drives with no problems besides cosmetics.

Last edited by BreckAConner; 11-14-2018, 01:09 PM.
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

You can get a decent 350 for $1,500 without the hassle of pulling it & having a junk car in your yard.

Hell, you can build a fairly fast 350 for that price. Doesn’t seem worth it if you only want the engine. Unless it’s fully built or has some go fast parts that are $$$

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      You can get a decent 350 for $1,500 without the hassle of pulling it & having a junk car in your yard.

Hell, you can build a fairly fast 350 for that price. Doesn’t seem worth it if you only want the engine. Unless it’s fully built or has some go fast parts that are $$$
      Okay, if it's not worth it for just pulling the motor, is it worth the truck the way it sits? Only other thing I could think of is using it for a drift vehicle the way it sits, if I could find a gear box for it.
      For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

As long as the frame is good I don’t see why not.

Comment

I’d be wary of the “built”/“rebuilt” status of that engine. Unless you know and trust the history, it could be a can of worms. You could always part out the truck to recoup much of the cost, though. If you’re up for that, and willing to risk the engine, go for it.

Comment

My friend used to have an S10 of that generation. Extended cab, 2WD, with a manual trans. I miss that thing, it was so much fun to screw around in.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I’d be wary of the “built”/“rebuilt” status of that engine. Unless you know and trust the history, it could be a can of worms. You could always part out the truck to recoup much of the cost, though. If you’re up for that, and willing to risk the engine, go for it.
              I was going to say "if" you know the status of the engine and you can't build one for the price it is worth it. I would buy it and part it out but I have a spot for the truck to sit that's not in the way or that would be an eyesore.

Comment

Working...
              X