Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT : 5th gen Lude Cluster Swap into CB7 EX-R M/T (A/T Avail.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just did this swap and my car wont start now. Alittle info about what I am doing, its a 1992 5spd Accord Station wagon with out abs, along with airbag is taken out for different steering wheel. All necessary wires are hooked up. I did not connect the SRS and ABS. Also there's a light green wire called PGM FI. its not connected. The other wierd thing is there is a bright pink wire connected down at my fuse box, was that way when the car came, any Ideas on what that may be. Also any help with my wiring issue would be great

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
    Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

So what's the difference between the standard and Type-SH clusters? A shop in town has two automatic clusters, one for a '98 SH and one for a '99 "2.2". Both are listed as $100 on their site. As I don't have ABS, do I go with the SH?
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-26-2010, 07:51 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I got all of my wiring done and so far everything works now I just have to make it fit. turns out that is the hard part. So far I have only cut the inside of the dash, not the vent. I am about to take a little off of the top of the cluster itself. Any other suggestions?

click to see my ride
        click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Originally posted by moetan View Post
          I got all of my wiring done and so far everything works now I just have to make it fit. turns out that is the hard part. So far I have only cut the inside of the dash, not the vent. I am about to take a little off of the top of the cluster itself. Any other suggestions?
          Mark where the gaps are between the gauge bezel and cluster, and add the required amount of plastic to fill the gap (just use some thin flexible plastic, I'm sure it shouldn't be hard to find something that will work). Just melt the 2 pieces together with a soldering iron, sand it and filler, and re-paint. You're bezel will look brand new, and your fitment will look OEM.
          I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

has anybody done this for a 92 accord EX-R
            the wires are different
            does anybody have the wiring for the 92 accord EX-R
            plz
            thx

Comment

good write up, i still needed to use the bb6 and cb7 cluster diagrams to use as a reference along with this diy page

Comment

does anyone have the write-up for the 92 accord EX-R?
                because i tired it and the wires were wrong
                thx

Comment

Everything apart

Matched the KM from the original cb cluster to the new bb6 cluster...

Cluster installed...

We tried to keep all cutting to a minimum. The back plate behind the cluster was cut to make room for the wiring, 3 holes on the bottom plate to accommodate the tabs on the bottom of the bb6 cluster, and finally 2 notches on the top of the cluster itself in-order to be able to screw in the cover. The side gap is about the same size gap as with the oem accord cluster. Put some electrical tape back there so you can't see the dash foam which normally you could. The gap on the bottom is a bit bigger than oem. The top of the center cover is a few mm off of being completely flush... we just wanted to keep the cutting to a minimum and the gap isn't large enough for it to be a bother.... for now!

If anyone wants i have pictures of how much we cut and the install... maybe i'll just put it up later when I have more time...

Comment

does anyone have a write-up for the 92 accord EX-R
                    thx

Comment

Originally posted by 92CB7EX-R View Post
                      does anyone have a write-up for the 92 accord EX-R
                      thx
                      Specifically? No.

The best way to wire up this cluster is to access wiring diagrams for both your model CB and the BB6. With correct wiring diagrams, everything should be pretty much straightforward.
                      My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Does anyone know which wire it could be if only half of my cluster lights up?

When I turn my lights on only half of the cluster lights up, but when I turn only the corner lights on, the whole cluster lights up.

I'm kind of guessing it's one of the red or red/black wires. Everything else works fine for me.

Comment

I have a bb6 cluster with harness. I have a 93 cb7. What diagram would i have to look up?

Comment

you have to use the diagrams on page 5 of this thread to see the pin outs for the 93 cb and the prelude.Best to take some pictures of your accord plugs to help match the colors.

Anyone find out how to do the highbeam for the 92/93? According to the diagram, there is two highbeam pins. One for relay, and I cant figure out what the other is. I tried both individually and it doesn't work
                            PSN
                            Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
                            2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
                            2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
                            1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
                            1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

Originally posted by tJoodz View Post
                              Does anyone know which wire it could be if only half of my cluster lights up?

When I turn my lights on only half of the cluster lights up, but when I turn only the corner lights on, the whole cluster lights up.

I'm kind of guessing it's one of the red or red/black wires. Everything else works fine for me.

Well I was gonna say maybe it's just a bulb, because I had that issue, but clearly yours is different because it works when the corner lights are on. So, just re-check all the involved wires have a good connection. And possibly go through the wiring again. If you can find me the wiring diagram & tell me how it is wired up, I could help you further.
                              I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

Curious..

Did people who did this get their CEL working? Mine worked fine before the swap, and the wireing for it was straightforward. Was there anything extra you had to do for it?
                                PSN
                                Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
                                2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
                                2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
                                1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
                                1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

Working...
                                X