Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siik whip homie

Comment

hey slick! I found out how to install the rear mudflaps! for the passenger side, you're gonna have to do some cutting because the wheel well is too shallow (when you fit it you'll know). I used a box cutter to cut a chunk off, and then I had to redrill a couple new holes for screws. where it screws into the wheelwell wall (behind the wheel) you'll need to relocate the hole a little lower and off to the side a bit. for the bumper area, you're gonna align the mudflap so that you can use at least one of the original mudflap screwholes. I aligned the top mudflap hole with an existing hole on the bumper, then drilled a new hole for a screw into the bumper and mudflap.

^sounds confusing, I know. but when you take off your rear bumper and try test fitting a rear mudflap, you'll understand what I said up there and will be able to manage! you did it with my cryptic side skirt instructions, i'm sure you can do it with this too
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by Justin123560 View Post
        Saw you going up hayvenhurst towards Plummer. I gave you a friendly wave haha.
        I rarely drive down that street unless I am running late lol. I don't remember anyone waving so I'm sorry if I didn't see you, that was really rude of me haha

Originally posted by WI_Zoe View Post
        Siik whip homie
        Thanks man

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
        hey slick! I found out how to install the rear mudflaps! for the passenger side, you're gonna have to do some cutting because the wheel well is too shallow (when you fit it you'll know). I used a box cutter to cut a chunk off, and then I had to redrill a couple new holes for screws. where it screws into the wheelwell wall (behind the wheel) you'll need to relocate the hole a little lower and off to the side a bit. for the bumper area, you're gonna align the mudflap so that you can use at least one of the original mudflap screwholes. I aligned the top mudflap hole with an existing hole on the bumper, then drilled a new hole for a screw into the bumper and mudflap.

^sounds confusing, I know. but when you take off your rear bumper and try test fitting a rear mudflap, you'll understand what I said up there and will be able to manage! you did it with my cryptic side skirt instructions, i'm sure you can do it with this too
        I understand your method here, and once I am actually doing it will make perfect sense just like the sideskirts worked out. Not sure if I will be doing the rear mudflaps, but I will be purchasing a pair just in case I change my mind.
        ]

Comment

for sure, when i get a chance i'll take some pictures of the rear mudflaps in better lighting so you can get an idea at the moment, my car is being garaged because my automagic died. gonna replace it with another one :3 but in the meantime i've been installing things that have been sitting around.

Comment

Did you go to that meet in porter ranch cause I think I saw your car in a video
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

Comment

Originally posted by Justin123560 View Post
              Did you go to that meet in porter ranch cause I think I saw your car in a video
              If it was the CSUN Car Enthusiast meet that eventually got shut down by one cop then yeah I was there. I know I saw a member that night that was banned a while back.

Link to said video?
              ]

Comment

Dude your car is stunning! I skimmed threw real quick but didn't see the answer I was looking for, so I guess I'll just as you lol.. What type of rear lip is that and what type of exaughst is that? And I own a sedan so not totally familiar with the coupe but are those the original side skirts for the car too? Thanx in advance and keep up the good work!!

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD FOR MY 92 ACCORD LX WAGON CURRENT
                MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD FOR MY 92 ACCORD EX SEDANSOLD

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS_CB7_25 View Post
                  Dude your car is stunning! I skimmed threw real quick but didn't see the answer I was looking for, so I guess I'll just as you lol.. What type of rear lip is that and what type of exaughst is that? And I own a sedan so not totally familiar with the coupe but are those the original side skirts for the car too? Thanx in advance and keep up the good work!!
                  The rear lip is off a CD5, but I no longer have it on the car because I got over the gap between the valance and the mudflap. The exhaust is just a tip I found laying around my friend's shop that he welded on to the stock boba straw. It's made by Racing Industries and it is only there for aesthetic purposes. The side skirts are also off a CD5 coupe. Look through P5ylance's MR thread and you'll see how it can be done without any annoying gaps. Hope that helps!
                  ]

Comment

if i have time... and motivation... I may try the CD5 rear lip again, but this time a different and hopefully better way (to deal with the gap issue)... but it would do away with the rear mudflaps and I kinda like the sporty look of it... bah! decisions!

Comment

very clean coupe sir
                      私はフィリピン人

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                        if i have time... and motivation... I may try the CD5 rear lip again, but this time a different and hopefully better way (to deal with the gap issue)... but it would do away with the rear mudflaps and I kinda like the sporty look of it... bah! decisions!
                        I would look into Ronald Type-R's rear set up. you might be surprised. I was.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

yeah, I noticed he had these side flaps that went over the rear lip and reached the end of the bumper... I wondered what those were. I remember seeing that picture and wanting to do something similar, I was actually considering making something similar to the G35's rear mud spats to kinda flow into the rear lip... then got lazy and just worked out the CD mud flaps hah

Comment

Cali always does it right.
                            Slick coupe bro!

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

congrats

looks simple and clean , i love coupes

Comment

Look super clean,congrats.

on another note,i think i might of seen you today,were you in the Carson area??

Comment

Working...
                                X