Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

camber kit and lowering kit thoughts and suggestions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camber kit and lowering kit thoughts and suggestions???

Ingalls or SPC??? i also want to drop the car low and keep it within oem spec. so should i use the sliding ball joint and anchor one or just one of the two. also should i use poly or rubber bushings? and any suggestions on what all i should replace for control arms and tie rods and the rack cause the car has play in the steering. ill take and suggestions. also what would you recomend for lowering kits i had teins before i love but cost alot. any ideas
    work in progress

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...07#post3185107

Have a read here:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178582
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I've had experience only with the Ingalls Anchor Bolt kits for the front. they are cheaper than the balljoints, and in my opinion probably more durable/long lasting, since the other option is a balljoint (boots tend to wear down and balljoints then go bad... high wear part).

I'm dropped to a finger gap, so to get OE specs you're gonna need the +1.00-+3.00 Degree Correction Anchor Bolt Camber Kit from Ingalls. Not only this, but you will need to make modifications to your chassis to allow for this much correction. This includes folding this flap of metal where the chassis is welded (you'll notice a ridge on your fender lining right in the middle of where your tire would be... this is the metal you'll need to fold. it becomes a guillotine to your wheels if you're lowered enough) and banging out your shock towers to allow your control arm to travel without damage.

use one of the two, you won't need two for correction. Rubber bushings ride smoother. Poly is firmer, but more responsive. I would use poly on things you can get to easily, but don't go out of your way to install a full kit of poly bushings right off the bat (like in the control arms and stuff). do it when the time comes, because those take a while to do. rubber aint bad, and it helps with ride comfort and relieving stress on your suspension components since its intended to allow some movement in the connecting points.

Recommended to replace control arms and tie rod ends (2 of the 3 balljoints, the 3rd being the lower balljoint). If you're gonna do the front anchor bolt camber kit, then replace the control arm as well. tie rod ends are simpler, but require an alignment soon after. replace the tie rod ends and the play in the steering should be reduced by a lot.

for low cost, decent performing full-body coilovers, Function Form Type 1's have had a great following. Their warranty isn't so hot i heard (you have to pay for shipping there), so as long as you don't get a bad set you should be good to go. I've had shock and spring combos and they handle extremely well, but with bumps and dip and all sorts of bullshizz on the road you're gonna want something a little stiffer to keep you from bottoming out on the road. Thus, I would recommend full-body coilovers, especially since you can also adjust your height to your liking.

I've seen people with SPC rear camber kits. they have a bent arm one or extreme lowered applications. There are people who are currently running Wicked Rear Camber Kits. Apparently good, but if you plan to lower a lot, it would probably be safer to go with the SPC. I haven't personally tried my Wicked kit yet so... yeah.
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

P5ylance thanks. i had wicked on my 98 accord i dropped her only 2in in the front 1.5 in the rear but i had tein basic damper kit. i love tein but they cost and dont come with the hat. atleast that kit doesnt. i also didnt have to put a camber kit on the front on my 98, but my friend has a 93 coupe of my car and he had to put a kit on the front but he said he got his from honda. bs. but i plan on redoing the whole suspension front and back when i lower the car just because i only want to pay once for the alignment. where did you get your wicked kit from???
        work in progress

Comment

yee bud no problem, glad I could help

you're in for one helluva week if you're gonna be refreshing ALL that suspension!!

I got my camber kit... I think I ordered it off amazon. That's how I KNEW it was LEGIT

you can find them on eBay as well (ebay was the first place i saw them), but since I was able to find it on amazon I went that route since I had some amazon credit from a previous voucher.

Comment

i work for amazon but yeah thats where i got mine for my 98. can i ask a favor can you take a picture of the wicked ones you have because the one i keep seeing on there is the one for my 98 and i dont think that will work but i could be wrong this suspension in the rear is really different from my 98. i like ebay for the honda parts i dont want to give up my first born for from the dealership but amazon is really good with if the send the wrong item or its defective. i bought and hid kit from there and one bulb is 8k and the other is 6k so im waiting on the seller right now im so off topic sorry. but yeah i know i am in for a hell of a time. im going to take a week of to do this and im buying all the parts for it. what do you think about blackwell shocks? also the Function Form Type 1 shocks where can i find them of atleast see the full spec on them?
            work in progress

Comment

If you plan on going low, a straight armed rear camber kit like the wicked ones will limit suspension travel. The stock rear arm is curved to give extra clearance for the spindle.
              Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

What wheel gap are you trying to get? If you're dumping your car, you'll need the spc. But if your drop isn't that extreme it should be fine. Search wicked camber kit up top and find the other cb7 tuners who are using it. I know kouzie did and I think hatching.

Comment

I say this cuz those spc are like 230+ for the rear set. I haven't found them cheaper.

Comment

well thats were im on the fence right now because i dont know what rim size im going with. basically im going to go with a clean look no negative camber i want it close to spec as possible with like a half inch wheel gap but i want to nose down a bit more than the rear. any suggestions on rim size??? and p5ylance yea your right there not cheap.
                    work in progress

Comment

Before you lower your car, make sure your front suspension components are updated. WOrn out bushings and old ball joints make new coilovers a pain in the ***, just giving you a heads up.
                      Originally posted by Quashish
                      hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

Originally posted by honda2014 View Post
                        Before you lower your car, make sure your front suspension components are updated. WOrn out bushings and old ball joints make new coilovers a pain in the ***, just giving you a heads up.
                        thanks for the heads up man i did this before on a 98 accord but i didnt replace everything. on this one im doing all the tie rod ends control arms. basically the whole suspension will be new im also putting suspension technique sway bars too and poly and rubber bushings just havent decided yet i like my ride smooth but stiff if you know what im saying i also have really bad speed bumps at work so i dont want to much bounce but i dont want to chip a tooth everytime i hit a bump. any suggestions on parts?
                        work in progress

Comment

ah, then follow my set-up. 17x7 +35 offset all around will be perfect for you and get you what you want. If anything, some 5mm spacers in the rear to get it perfect AFTER you roll your fenders, but its good right now. here, lemme show you some fitment pics with details in each picture

^uncorrected fronts. definitely could use better fitment... thus... FRONT CAMBER KIT!

^This is my front fitment
                          17x7
                          +35 offset
                          Camber corrected to -1.0
                          No need for spacers

^upper view of my rears, uncorrected camber
                          17x7
                          +35 offset
                          Camber uncorrected, remains at -2.8

i'm pretty sure if i correct the camber in the rear i would be right at the fender (much like what happened to the fronts), so I think 17x7 +35 is the perfect size for rims for that flush fitment. you will raise the rears to get the wheel wells balanced so you need height adjustment.

keep your camber at -1.0 for BEST FITMENT. any more correction than that and you will incur damage.
                          Last edited by P5ylance; 12-02-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

wicked rear camber kit

Comment

thank you so much man your ride looks hot P5ylance. that's exactly how i want for a stance on my car. so that -1 camber doesn't chew threw tires??? and thank you for the explanation it has really help me figure out my set up. what kind of spacers did you use???
                              work in progress

Comment

Working...
                              X