Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is changing Sway bar bushing pretty str8t forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is changing Sway bar bushing pretty str8t forward?

Am doing some suspension work this weekend which includes changing out my sway bar bushings. I ordered some ES poly bushings. Seems pretty str8t forward in changing them. Have read some posts and i don't foresee any obstacles but figured i would ask. Is it as str8t forward as it seems?

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    Am doing some suspension work this weekend which includes changing out my sway bar bushings. I ordered some ES poly bushings. Seems pretty str8t forward in changing them. Have read some posts and i don't foresee any obstacles but figured i would ask. Is it as str8t forward as it seems?
    its pretty strainght forward, just dont be a putz like yours truly and break the 10mm bolts on the hold down bracked due to over torquing. Simply loosen the end bushings and then remove the bracket hold down bolts too replace bushings; installation is in reverse.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
      its pretty strainght forward, just dont be a putz like yours truly and break the 10mm bolts on the hold down bracked due to over torquing. Simply loosen the end bushings and then remove the bracket hold down bolts too replace bushings; installation is in reverse.
      What are the end bushings. Do you mean sway bar links or just misspoke and meant the 2 bolts. Do i need to loosen up the sway bar links first or something. Which i am replacing also this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
        What are the end bushings. Do you mean sway bar links or just misspoke and meant the 2 bolts. Do i need to loosen up the sway bar links first or something. Which i am replacing also this weekend.
        Yes the links
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
          Yes the links
          Gotcha. 16 ft lbs of torque. What kind of bushings did u use? Poly or rubber. I also want to change my strut rod bushings also. I just got those today also. Those seem harder. Am looking for tutorials now on that.

Comment

Working...
          X