No announcement yet.

P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I loved the white coupe. Well, you gotta do what you gotta do. Looking good as usual.

I'm almost certain that Lily was my favorite white coupe here.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

im definitely grabbing any lancer lips i come across!! haha

for the cd rear lip, id recommend changing where i normally had it cut to bend... id flush it against the end of the bumper at the wheel well and then cut a little further upstream on the cd rear lip, closer to the end where it will meet the middle piece... and then "unfold" the rear lip to make up the length. im too lazy to try it again, but i hope you can imagine how to install it without needing mudflaps

thanks for the support straight success! im glad i can be one of the great white coupes on this forum. it was fun killin it with the frost white ccords. time to see what its like on the dark side haha

making progress on my prelude cluster today. im gonna pick up a new dashboard for half off, gonna try to find a black one to replace the blue dash, as mine is damaged in places i never thought to consider. cant have that now!

blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

This thing is looking great bro. I love the flush mount.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Nice wiring diagram. I don't know why everyone thinks that wiring is hard, you did a good job!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

thanks accorn!! tryna get it back up to speed, the only thing holding me back is money for the full rebuild and getting it set up... gonna be about a few months of saving xD but got my debts listed and it looks like we should be cruising through

it was just tedious DRAWING it lol, i think thats what gets most people... they just wanna plug and chug. i might make an excel file instead cuz handwriting is the tedious part haha... gotta love 120WPM!!

Comment

How do you like the headlights on the white accord?
              For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

omg i loved them, cant wait to reinstall them on this black one!! cutoff was pretty good, and they were reallu nice circles... just really good build quality headlights!!

Comment

Good, I finally found a place that has some. I wanted the all chrome ones like yours but I guess those have been discontinued for quite some time now. So I'mm getting the black housed ones. I like the factory look of them. Are they glass? Mine should be showing up any day now, I also ordered an H.I.D. kit to go with them. Funny, I remember when you could walk into advance auto parts and buy these off the shelf ca. 2002 lol. idk, they seem legit.
                  For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

for those who follow my thread, here's a treat. CD rear lower control arms and toe arms are a direct fit. You must use both the toe and control arm from the 94-97 accord for it to work. They are longer than CB arms.

Comment

How is this a treat? I thought people knew this.

I'm assuming this is being touted for stance purposes.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

people are afraid theyll bind. those people didnt grab the toe arm as well. if you use both, youre golden.

well, stance yes, but they do have their merit. im using them to increase my track width in the rear, and as long as you correct the negative camber by extending your upper control arm via some form of kit or washer, you will have a wider track width. i rolled my fenders flush, corrected my camber maxed out that the inner wheel well has clesrance for, and im still slightly negative after 3 washer stack and spc camber kit. thats how effective these arms are in improving the rear wheel base.im at 5.37mm left of gap between my 17x7 +35 wheels, just right for a 5mm spacer.

and no my wheels aren't butterflied out, i aim to run no more than -1.5 camber if i can help it, im shooting for -1

Comment

its a treat because im confirming that all you need are the arms themselves and it all works. you dont need the knuckle, you dont need the trailing arm, you dont need the subframe. you keep all your CB stuff and just swap the CD arms. i checked the trailing arm part numbers and theyre the same.

Comment

yeah, width increased about 1inch per side. thats an additional 50.8mm of track width. cant wait to feel the effects on handling

Last edited by P5ylance; 06-05-2015, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Comment

I had 3.2TL rear knuckles that give a track width increase of 30mm in the rear as the hubs are 15mm taller on either side. Going from a 14mm Accord sway bar to a 16mm Vigor rear sway bar with urethane mounting bushings gave a much more noticeable difference in the behavior of the rear suspension than the track increase did. I don't even know if I felt anything considerable at all.
                                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                                X