Does honda still fix seatbelts for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does honda still fix seatbelts for free

My rear seat belt retractor isn't working. Will honda fix this for free. Or is my car too old?

Retractor I believe isn’t covered in the warranty. I believe it has to be the belt itself. I remember reading a thread about it on here a while ago. When in doubt call the dealership and ask
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 04-16-2019, 12:04 PM.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

dealership is looking at it tomorrow and supposedly it will be free to fix. yahoo. Hopefully they will put in those child seat retractor types and fix the slowness with my front ones.

Comment

Hmm then I might have to go through with this as well.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

my right front belt wont retract... new belt assembly is almost 250.
          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
            my right front belt wont retract... new belt assembly is almost 250.
            They are fixing mine for free when parts arrive. Lifetime warranty on all components of seatbelt as long as car is in usable condition.

Comment

That’s awesome to hear. Looks like I am going to try and get mine replaced.
              ~Nick~

Comment

hmmmm... might have to go over there saturday. only thing, i dont want some noob driving my car lol.
                COUPE K24

Comment

I asked about it at my Honda dealership a few years ago. The answer I received was that my car was beyond it's usable life. I drove my Accord to the dealership, so clearly it wasn't beyond it's usable life by any means. I should have called Honda America? or whatever is above the dealerships.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    I asked about it at my Honda dealership a few years ago. The answer I received was that my car was beyond it's usable life. I drove my Accord to the dealership, so clearly it wasn't beyond it's usable life by any means. I should have called Honda America? or whatever is above the dealerships.
                    print the lifetime warranty. Sorry I don't have link handy but easy to look up. There was also a Honda guarantee department number i think somewhere on there you can call. Or it might of been honda america which is also easy to find. The dealership i went to ask his supervisor and basically read what i read. Get ur belts fixed man. WE got no air bags that work probably i bet.
                    Last edited by zedjr10; 04-19-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I called Honda in eastern Canada. They said nope. But it does look like you can still buy them for $450CDN a piece

Comment

who still has their warranty manuals handy? lol
                        COUPE K24

Comment

Before you replace, try this, it worked for me and my old cars...

Comment

on my 91 coupe back in 2010 they covered the lap belt but wanted to charge $120 hr to fix the electronic motorized section. I talked them down to $60 but got a free lap belt out of it and oil change coupon for the hassle they gave me.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                            X