Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a set of the one piece black housing headlights and i am wanting to put an HID conversion kit into it? the lighting is very dim right now. i have to keep making sure my lights are on when it rains at night time. SUCKS!!!!!!!! anyway, where do i find something to work well for my car. i am not really interested in ripping apart the headlamp if i dont have to!!!! let me know what you guys think.

178 whp and 148 torque (mustang dyno)
    14.8 @ 93 in 1/4 mile-in Accord
    ??.? @ ?? in 1/4 mile-in Civic

Comment

General Consensus is that these lights suck. I'm thinking instead of retrofitting why not changing the harness to accept a better bulb, like use a H4 harness or something. Would that work?

Comment

So, anybody have any ideas for good quality headlamp replacements. Maybe as an entry stage. I don't really care if they're wannabe JDM design, but I would prefer a darker color housing like gun metal gray or black. One piece or OEM design I don't care. Also anyone have any gripes about SAE/DOT marked amber turnsignal assemblies. Anyone know about any amber front bumper turn signals that will mount in a OEM `91 front bumper? How hard would it be to swap from a later 4th gen accord (`92-93).

Mahalo -Coyote

Comment

What about the APC Projectors? one person mentioned them but didnt say much. Has anyone tried them or now if they are anygood?
          1991 Black Accord Coupe
          Sprint Lowering Springs
          Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
          Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
          17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
          TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

Originally posted by ObieWanCoyote
            So, anybody have any ideas for good quality headlamp replacements. Maybe as an entry stage. I don't really care if they're wannabe JDM design, but I would prefer a darker color housing like gun metal gray or black. One piece or OEM design I don't care. Also anyone have any gripes about SAE/DOT marked amber turnsignal assemblies. Anyone know about any amber front bumper turn signals that will mount in a OEM `91 front bumper? How hard would it be to swap from a later 4th gen accord (`92-93).

Mahalo -Coyote
            Blackhouse your USDM headlights.
            As long as your shop isn't real stringent at checking for shit, non DOT marked signals are fine, I pass.
            Noone makes amber bumper lights for a 90-91 front bumper. It's impossible to find them. You can do what I did, and get Testors Stained Glass Spray Paint and spray away till they're the amber color you're looking for. Or you could do what I'm going to be doing soon, which is retrofitting a 92-93 front bumper so that you can get the factory amber front bumper lights.
            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Blackhouse? I'm assuming you mean pulling the lens off and triming the inside of the light housing in a prefered color?

And yes, I was thinking of swiping a `92-93 4dr and swapping parts off it. My local college has plenty of rustic cars that are bordering on the roadworthy issue.

(sorry for going off topic but) Speaking of parting out other cars Does anyone know if `92-93 accords run rear discs? What models... etc? And the trouble one would go through in swapping, rear assemblies and brake master cylinder. (I did post in a proper forum, it must have been old and no one has replied. Once again sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by Importkitz
                I totally agree...ebay projectors are sh!t...and for those who believe the hype...

The only projectors I would get is the APC "non-1 piece" projectors and do a retrofit with HID projectors off Audi or BMW headlights.

I'm thinking about retrofitting those HID projectors into the jdm headlights but alot of people are telling me it would be hard to line up the projectors in the headlight. At least with the APC projectors, the housing is already made to accomidate projectors.

Thats what carlos has
                OS^e
                1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Originally posted by sACCLUDEd
                  I have a set of the one piece black housing headlights and i am wanting to put an HID conversion kit into it? the lighting is very dim right now. i have to keep making sure my lights are on when it rains at night time. SUCKS!!!!!!!! anyway, where do i find something to work well for my car. i am not really interested in ripping apart the headlamp if i dont have to!!!! let me know what you guys think.

A friend of mind gave me a good idea. but dont know if it will work.. he said i should just change the connection from the low beam to the high beam so the h4 that are in the high's will be your lows. but i think it would be stupid cause then you lose the projector effect. what do you think..
                  Facebook - NYC ALIVE
                  -NYC ALIVE (Prez)-
                  -Accord Nation - Coming soon

Comment

Theres this guy on vancouveraccords taht did a 99 integra retrofit, I think he's on here too.

I got those projector and the low beam suck!!! but I found that the high beam is not too bad!!!

go to my members ride to check out it compare to stock (my mom)
                    Last edited by i_love_cb7; 04-19-2005, 05:36 PM.

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoe53
                      A friend of mind gave me a good idea. but dont know if it will work.. he said i should just change the connection from the low beam to the high beam so the h4 that are in the high's will be your lows. but i think it would be stupid cause then you lose the projector effect. what do you think..
                      I have those EXPENSIVE but cheap 1 pc jdm blackhoused headlights and as evryone else already said the light output SUCKS!!!. What I did is try adjusting the beams using a phillips to turn the screws(didnt make a big difference) so I then disconnected the parks lights in the middle of the headlight and drive with my high beam on all the time. I havent got a ticket yet and it still doesnt show that bright because the low beams dont give a bright output..
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

The only problem ive had with my projector headlights is when i press on the gas they get brighter, sure thats more with my alternator

Comment

if you can't find the amber bumpers you can allways go to a hobby store and buy some transparent amber spray paint and just spray your clear ones it works like a charm. (thats what i did)
                          Last edited by Raceboy; 05-29-2005, 03:34 PM.
                          CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

I've got a set of those wonderful JDM style projectors, went with the black, they work perfectly, much better than the stockers and bolted in without a prob and no modding, personnally I love the look of them on my cb7 and regret nothing.

Comment

see my picture then....and now.....yeah they suck. i wasted my money on projectors. Too many lights. like a sideways stoplight or something. sold it to a dude for 70 bucks.

I am no longer using this forum name.
                              You can find me as
                              jdm_inspired...
                              I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Hmmm. My latest Accord had the one piece projectors on it when I bought it. The only thing wrong with them was that they weren't lined up right. I lined them up better myself and bought a pair of h3 hyperwhite bulbs from a local store for $30 and they look great, they're just as good as stock now. I don't know what everyone is complaining about, they work fine, or maybe I'm the exception in this case.

Comment

Working...
                                X