CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 07-12-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
CB9_IS_2_BETTER
Newcomer

CB9_IS_2_BETTER is cool... so far.
H22a no power

I swapped a jdm h22 into my 1991 accord ex wagon about 8 months ago and it has never really felt like it has the power it should. About 2 months ago I finally read my cel codes and had EGR fault, MAP fault, and CYP fault. I took the map sensor off, checked my wiring and checked voltages to alldata and everything looked good so I put it back together, then I realized that I had wired my CYP sensor backwards in the swap and fixed that, and I left the EGR(i pulled the control solenoid in the swap and need to find my cut wires to fix). So I reset my ecu and was only left with the egr code which i expected, and for the next 2 days it was everything I dreamed of doing my swap, but then went straight back to how it was before, laggy and it feels weaker than my old f-series. Now sometimes it feels alright and sometimes it can only crawl up in rpms. If anyone has any clue on this it would be greatly appreciated, I am sorry for the long post I just wanted to be descriptive. Thanks
CB9_IS_2_BETTER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I’ve experienced a laggy feeling that was due to a failing o2 sensor. It eventually threw code 43 (fuel supply system, more often indicative of the o2 sensor than anything else). Aside from the things you mentioned, ignition timing, and valve timing, that’s all I’ve got.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
F22Chris
CB7tuner Member

F22Chris is cool... so far.
I don’t have an answer, but maybe if you give us the ECU you’re running, the ranges you acquired when doing your diagnostics, and current timing possibly somebody can chime in? If you have access to ALLDATA, I’m going to assume you know how to check for proper o2 signals. If not we can help with that for sure.

Other than swapping a known good distributor I got nada. It’s a weird one.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:12 PM   #4
CB9_IS_2_BETTER
Newcomer

Thanks a lot, that will be the first thing I try. I would honestly like to go through and replace all my sensors but oem is just so expensive, have you had any luck with aftermarket o2?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
CB9_IS_2_BETTER
Newcomer

I am running a p13, and have not checked for proper o2 but will do that this weekend before I replace the sensor. I have been wanting to replace my distributor for a while just to start fresh with it, I have had to replace coil and I know it leaks, but again OEM is so expensive and I have heard mixed things about aftermarket distributors. I am not a mechanic by trade and am capable but still learning a lot. I did the engine swap and 5 speed conversion at the same time and was my first big project.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:30 PM   #6
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
What ECU is being used?

Was the fuel filter replaced during the swap, or at least somewhat recently?

Did you perform a compression check on the engine when you got it?
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:40 AM   #7
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
As far as the o2 sensor goes, your best bet it to stick with Denso or NTK. Avoid Bosch.
Get the appropriate sensor for your car’s year and trim. That way, it’ll plug right in with no modification. Assuming you haven’t already cut your wiring. You want to avoid modifying the o2 sensor harness if at all possible.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM   #8
CB9_IS_2_BETTER
Newcomer

Thanks guys, I will be replacing fuel filter, o2 sensor, plugs and wires, air filter, and possibly map sensor I will let you know if anything changes.

Tags
h22a , slow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: