CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Off Topic

Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #21
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote

Precisely!

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #22
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Then what's incredibly deceptive is the order sheet for the header and having each prospective owner paying $1000 believe that their header would be a bespoke design based on the variables they outlined on an order sheet. Presumably, someone with a stock cam and pistons would receive a different header than someone else with a wild cam, high compression pistons an headwork. Nope. Same thing.
I state this as someone who was years past owning an Accord when the Bisi products came out, but as a layman what I never understood is why these "custom made, $1,000 headers" were still not a bolt on design. The Accord dimensions were well known at that point with many companies making products. They should have been bolt-on at that price-point.

But what do I know, I'm just a lowly peon.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:14 AM   #23
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
Richard did the NC Miata review and loved it. Plus, he's secretly American and would totally go for the CTS-V muscle car. I think James would criticize the Caddy for its cheap take on luxury, at least from that period, as well as its Nurburgring-tuned suspension.

And a stock exhaust would bottleneck a real performance header, making it a complete waste, so why would you expect one of any brand to bolt right up? They're race headers, and race exhaust systems are typically custom.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!

Last edited by CyborgGT; Today at 04:24 AM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:28 AM   #24
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I dug up the original group buy thread.
The header Bisi sold was marketed as a “street version”, compatible with PS and AC.
I agree that there’s no good reason that “street version” shouldn’t have been made to bolt up to an exhaust. Especially if it was a custom piece (which was absolute hooey.)
The slip joint was cheap, and allowed for a greater lack of precision. If it didn’t line up exactly, it flexed a bit.

And I’ve also criticized my cadillac’s interior.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: