Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whats a good deep sounding muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you need to do is delete the cat(if you want to, or can get away with it.). Run2-2.25 piping(inside diameter), use large packed resonator(s) like a vibrant xq.

I deleted a cat on a mazda 626 2.0l put in a vibrant xq18" resinator and an apexi ws2 muffler. Very nice sound. If I could do it again id have added in another resonator where the stock cat would have been, but used a completely hollow one first, then the packed one second, piped to a ws2. A vibrant straight through packed muffler is probably just as good, but less expensive.
    I got a sound clip of it somewhere, id get a bunch of them but my buddy wrecked his car shortly after getting it put on.
    Last edited by MortsAccord; 03-22-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
      Got any junkyards in your area? Could always go see what kind of mufflers are around... If you see something that is the same diameter you could get it cheap and see what it sounds like. When I do my exhaust, ill probably go with a chambered muffler and see how it sounds.
      yes i do and there is all kinds of hondas!! i seen a cb with big ass greddy muffler ( BIG ) lol and was goin to grab it to test but didnt. now that i think about it i should have!

Comment

Originally posted by samrjr0044 View Post
        Get rid of the "ebay" high flow cat, and throw in an actual cat. You can go with a magnaflow high flow cat or just a stock replacement cat. That will take away the raspy sound. Also if you want it quieter have a resonator installed instead of the glass pack. It will quiet it down. As for a muffler I went with something similar to this click me, but a straight cut not a slant cut tip. It sounds great and looks stock.
        yea..... i was looking into obx heard some good things but i may have 2 glass packs on it lmao not sure. ill have to take some pics tmro and post em up. i dont even know if its a ebay high flow cat no idea since i just got the car aint really took a good look at the exhaust. i just know its got a ok sound pretty deep until u get up into the rpms then it sounds like a ricer bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
          Definatly stick with an oval and DEFINATLY have a cat(not a test pipe) and a resonator if you want.

I have a Vibrant Stealth Black oval muffler and lovee the sound of it!

thats for sure wat im goin for is oval muffler! but does it have a deep sound?

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
          Kinda but what exactly would a cherry bomb glass pack do to a exhaust sound wise?? Also they are welded somewhere within the mid pipe correct?? Bc ive read about some and people actually use them as the actual muffler

it would make it sound raspy as hell and u would prolly post a thread like i did saying lol

but yes its welded in but mine as the looks of it has a glass pack in the mid pipe range and one at the tip as like a muffler idiots i swear! lol

Comment

Apexi World Sport 2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgZVw...8&feature=plcp

Comment

hey u know wat that does sound really sexy maybe a lil louder but got a nice clean kinda deep sound to it i like thanks!

Comment

i took off the cat on my green cb7, i love the new sound of tht one now, i havent added a good sounding muffler to it yet but it sounds a lil deep already. once its finished getting an engine swapped i think im also going to throw on some glass pipes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JD"flush"M View Post
                    i took off the cat on my green cb7, i love the new sound of tht one now, i havent added a good sounding muffler to it yet but it sounds a lil deep already. once its finished getting an engine swapped i think im also going to throw on some glass pipes
                    thats wat i have and its very raspy, sounds like a bumble bee!

Originally posted by illestatus View Post

nether of them sound deep to me they both sound very raspy worse than mine i do beleave. lol

Comment

Sounds really raspy, but its also difficult to catch exhaust tones on your every day recording devices.
                      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Borla Sportsman muffler. I don't have a vid. But i <3 mine.
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                          Sounds really raspy, but its also difficult to catch exhaust tones on your every day recording devices.
                          and i agree with u 100% bud! hard to really tell if not in person.

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                          Borla Sportsman muffler. I don't have a vid. But i <3 mine.

thats wat i was thinking bout goin with borla! love there sound had a probe with borla exhaust man did it sound killer! but idk witch one to go with?

Comment

I think he's looking for the tanabe medalion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rE3hU1yjrA
                            '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

The bigger the can, the quieter and deeper it will be.

Comment

i have got to agree on that apexi world sport 2 it sounds deep and clean

Comment

Working...
                                X